"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Friday, January 22, 2016

Our Future Home~ 2016 ,Year of Great Change

 
2016 is shaping up to be a year of big changes for us. My husband is retiring in the fall and we're hoping to move to our place over the mountains and far away. You can see our future home in the pictures. This is a view of the back of our home , I was standing in our field.
My husband loves this place and we work on our future home every chance we get. Our oldest grandson also loves it here and is a big help. Grandson and my husband have some big plans for the pastures, woods, and livestock housing. Unfortunately the trip there requires us to drive over a mountain pass that is treacherous in the winter, and sometimes in the fall and spring too , making our trips not as frequent as we'd like. Plus, it is a 6 hour drive one-way.
We have an old travel trailer there ( shown above ) we use as a guest-house. I have made some simple changes to the interior and have so many more ideas and plans for the trailer, but first we have to sell Cedar Pond and move. I have been very busy since the beginning of the month sorting through my craft room and closets , deciding what things to sell, what to donate, what to box up. I have a BIG job ahead of me !
This is a picture of 6 of our grandchildren taking a walk through our field and heading into our woods. As much as I love Cedar Pond my heart has turned to our home over the mountains and far away. The hard work of packing up and preparing our home for sale has begun. My husband and I are in for a lot of work and a new adventure this year, a year of great change.

23 comments:

A.K.W. said...

Beautiful place!

Blessings,

Amy

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely place, only to be made lovelier by your living there and working with it all. What a big change for you two.

God's continued blessings on you and your DH as you prepare to move, and I pray Cedar Pond will sell to the right people and when the time is right.

Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

Deb said...

How exciting that you will soon live where your heart is. I wish you all an easy transfer to your new home.

Amber said...

Wow! You're moving! The land looks amazing.

Theresa said...

Looks like the perfect place to retire to:) Have a blessed day planning your future! HUGS!

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

What an exciting year you have ahead of you!! I don't envy you the actual packing and moving portion but at least you can do it in stages!!

Anonymous said...

You are very busy for sure sorting and packing. It will be good to have that behind you once you move to the other side of the mountains! Your new setting is very lovely and how nice to have a travel trailer for a guest space!

L. D. said...

Do pace yourself as things can become better while you live in it. I don't envy the packing but I do love where your new place is. I didn't see a major town was in the writing but it is best to stay a lot protected. I love the meadow, pasture, with the trees all around.

Connie said...

Best of luck to you in selling your current home and moving to your new one. It is indeed a lot of work to move, but change is often a good thing.

Lady Jane said...

What an exciting year. I pray your home will sell quickly and you will be in your new home soon. Are you taking any sheep? Take some minis along.... Hugs, LJ

Nib's End said...

You'll be six hours closer...stop by anytime. We will miss Cedar Pond, of course, but look forward to what will transpire in the new place. Does it have a name yet?

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Much work to pack up and sell but good things to come. At least you already have a home where you're moving and the scenery is fabulous!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

How exciting and your new homestead is absolutely gorgeous! I just love the photo of your grandchildren walking towards the woods....So many changes ahead and lots of hard work. I hope it all goes smoothly for you and that you find the perfect buyer for your beloved farm. Wishing you many blessings as you move forward. xx Karen

Texastracking said...

Jacob Sheep moving with you? Beautiful place to live and exciting time in your life - hooray for retirement and possibilities. THrilled for you and eager to see the progress you are able to make with such able assistants (your grandchildren are growing up so fast!)

Pondside said...

You certainly have a big year ahead of you, Kathy. I wish you a speedy sale - or one as speedy as is convenient for you! Your future home looks beautiful. I am trying to figure out where you will be 'over the mountains'. Will you have to cross over the pass to get to a town? Big changes!

Kim said...

Your sheep will look wonderful grazing in that field.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

This looks like a wonderful place. It's going to be such an interesting change in your life.

Stella Jones said...

A very exciting year ahead indeed Kathy I do hope you will find time to keep us updated?
From what I've seen of Cedar Pond, it should sell quickly. How much will you sell it for, I wonder?
Where exactly is your new home? Which State?
Good luck with your new adventure.

Henny Penny said...

I love "over the mountains and far away". It is beautiful there! It will be worth to work involved.

Lori @ Our Life In The Pacific Northwest said...

Looks like a beautiful place where dreams can come true... Lori

Judy said...

Best wishes on a smooth and uneventful move! It sounds like you are getting a good start on organizing your things. Your new place sounds like a great place for you and your family.

Karen said...

I am happy for you. As they say, the best is yet to come! God bless you in your new venture.

Unknown said...

God's blessings to you as you move, Kathy. I so enjoy reading your adventures. Also pray for us as we decide to do the same thing -- move over the mts. west of here -- 6.5 hours away -- to an off-grid property. We have yet to build a dwelling but this will allow us to size down in home size since hubby's job forced him into early retirement. You encourage me to see this situation as an adventure for us -- perhaps unexpected instead of planned -- but nonetheless an adventure. Kathy