"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

An Uncles' Gift

Our youngest son Daniel is a horse trainer and horse shoe-er ( farrier ). He loves horses, and they seem to return the love and respect. Our oldest son and his 4 daughters live with our youngest son Daniel and his wife Breezy. Having Uncle Daniel and Aunt Breezy around has lots of perks, and horses are a big part of the perks! Uncle Daniel has found a kindred spirit in our # 3 granddaughter. What she lacks in size, for she is very, very tiny for her 7 years, she way more than makes up for in spunk!
Look at the intensity on her face. She follows Uncle Daniels' instructions carefully, and she is bold about it. She is also very confident ( not carelessly so ) and a little intuitive about horses.
The sight of her and our son on horseback, enjoying the warm sunny early evening and each other just made my heart sing with joy. I am thankful our son is happy to share his gift with horses . I am happy some of our grandchildren want to learn from their uncle.
Way to go little one, ride well and dream of pretty horses, and sweet fat ponies.
~This is my 302nd post! I will include the names of all who comment, as many times as you comment , and after my 305th post will draw names for winners. There will be a choice of hand spun wool yarn or Nativity sheep, shown on My Etsy, in sidebar of my blog.

13 comments:

LindaSue said...

I absolutely teared up - what a special bond and gift from one generation to the next. Those beautiful little girls had gone through so much it is as if they were plucked out of a dark place and put where the sun is shining both literally and spiritually. Love that fat little horse too - just the right size for a cute and bold little girl.

Anonymous said...

How nice!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Your little granddaughter is getting a priceless treasure from her uncle: time spent with someone who loves her and is happy to teach her, nothing could be better! I love your posts and getting to know about you and your interesting family!
XOXO
joni

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes too Kathy. When I think back to the adults God placed in my path to guide me and give me confidence, I am so grateful. Your precious granddaughter will always treasure the lessons she is learning from her Uncle. God bless all of you.

noble pig said...

That's so wonderful! She looks very confident which is good since I agree horses smell fear. She is also adorable.

Nancy M. said...

She looks like she's having a great time! It's wonderful he can share his love for horses that way!

Timi said...

Your granddaughter looks very lovely on the horse! My daughter also likes horses,(she asked for one for Christmas) but not everybody so lucky to have one :o))...

Connie said...

It is so wonderful that they can share this bond and love of horses. They are making memories that will be treasured.

Congratulations on your 302nd post, Kathy! Hope there are many more. :D

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a fabulous first photo, the two of them outlined in the dust of the horses. I just love that shot! I'm glad your little one has a big one to help guide her; we all need special someone's in our lives, no matter our ages.

Mary said...

Look at the determination on that child's face. She looks like a natural to me! Things are in place for many reasons, so I think.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How sweet! Horses are so wonderful for kids to grow up around! Your granddaughter is precious. Blessings,Kathleen

KathyB. said...

LindaSue, it was nice to be with them all and watch them have fun together, and get to cuddle them all too ( the girls) .

Amy, thanks.

O.C. Farmhouse, that is the fun of blogging , we get a glimpse of the lives of people in other parts of the world, and there are a lot of wonderful people and places!

Mildred, thank-you, and your prayers mean a lot to me!

Noble Pig, that little girl is pretty fearless.....

Nancy M. I love watching our son with horses, he is so at ease with horses, and when he rides he appears to be one with the horse.

Timi, what, no pony under the Christmas tree?

Daisy, thanks! I will keep em' coming!

Thistle Cove Farm you are right about that. We all need someone in our lives who lets us know we ARE very, very important and special...no matter what.

Mary, I particularly liked watching her concentrate and the set of her mouth let me know she WAS going to do well at this!

Kathleen, yes! Thank-you.

Paula said...

That was a wonderful post! I love that your is all so close and cares so much about each othe rand their children.
Loved the pictures!