"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Blizzard, The Cat

This is Blizzard, formerly called Buddy. Blizzard is technically our granddaughter's cat but her allergies have ordained Blizzard live with us. We are happy to have Blizzard stay with us, but his transition from kitten-hood to adult-hood is trying, for me. This is Bliz in a restful state. Here is the first time I have seen Bliz and Miss Marple nap together. Usually they have mighty wrestling matches that sound like two Tasmanian devils battling for their very lives, and taking out a lot of furniture as they wrestle and run around the house.Miss Marple has become a more sedate cat now-a-days and only attacks teddy bears once in a long while, but Bliz is taking her place as resident teddy bear stalker. Bliz is determined to catch my parakeet Bob. I am trying to get some crafting done for an upcoming Christmas Bazaar but rescuing Bob is becoming an all day thing. I keep a spray bottle of vinegar water for discouraging Bliz, but it only lasts as long as it takes me to put the bottle down and resume crafting, then Bliz is after Bob again.
Bliz, leave the parakeet alone!
"Who me? I'm not even looking at Bob".
The other night I heard strange noises in the kitchen coming from above, and there was Bliz on top of my refrigerator. I saw he had rearranged some of my precious pitcher collection on the high shelf close to the ceiling. This isn't good, but at least he is also getting the cobwebs I can't reach. Blizzard was re-named by our granddaughter because of his arctic coloring, blue, gray, and white. I think his personality fits a snow storm too...quick and destructive! Actually, I am enjoying him. He is fearless and follows the vacuum cleaner around. He loves the dogs, and anyone who comes over is treated to Blizzards' love and affection. Kind of like a dog in a cat's body, he even retrieves thrown objects, but this dog climbs the drapes and rests on top of the refrigerator.Good thing I have a cozy room with a litter box to confine him.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bliz is a handsome cat! How funny that he and Miss Marple wrestle. It is amusing to observe cats and their different personality traits. Our 3 cats are very different. The youngest loves the tops of the cabinets in our kitchen and does the cleaning up there!
Best wishes with the upcoming Bazaar.

Debbie said...

Poor Bob! :D

Anonymous said...

Blizzard looks like a nice cat, all of our cats are outside or barn cats though since my Mom can't have cats in the house.

Amy

Connie said...

He's such a beautiful cat! I can understand why having him around could try your patience sometimes. He's just being a cat, I guess. :) I hope you have a good weekend, Kathy.

Dolores said...

What a stinker he is....but he's gorgeous!!! I love his coloring.

My mother made an afghan like the one on your bed....same colors.
I loved it......it disappeared many years ago. Nice memory seeing it on your bed.

Anonymous said...

Bless those kitties - we love ours! Always have to get right in the middle of our projects, eh? Mine love to sit on my desk directly in front of the computer monitor when I'm working. I put the monitor up on a large book so the cats can lie in front and not block the screen. What we do to accommodate these critters!

Joy!
Kathy

Paula said...

Bliz is very handsome! Sounds like he is quite the character, though... maybe he just likes making life more interesting. *grin*

Pondside said...

What a pretty cat, and what a sweet Grandma to keep him for a little girl with allergies. We can't have a cat because of the allergies in the family, and sometimes I'd really like one. There's something so comforting about a cat's purr and the way a cat curls up in a lap.

Karen said...

He is a very nice looking cat - and not even afraid of a vacuum cleaner!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Oh, Kathy, you have convinced me that I have made the right choice about not accepting a kitten for my birthday this year. They are wonderful, but like any other youngster take lots of time and training.

Good thing they bring lots of love along with them though ... glad that you are enjoying Blizzard among his follies.

Loved your autumn leaf post too.

Have a wonderful week,

Kathy M.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Oh, I'd be happy to give Bliz a home; I so want a white or a black and white house cat!