"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Apple Retriever

Who knew you could get fat on apples ? Not apples baked into pies, sweetened for applesauce, but just plain apples ! Beatrix retrieves and piles apples near our front porch all day. She gets them from our orchard and she doesn't wait for the apples that fall onto the ground, she will pick the apples herself. Of course she eats her fill of apples before stockpiling them. She is a Labrador Retriever who tends to gain weight easily ( like most of us ) and she is on a diet of 2 cups of dog food per day. She had already lost weight and we were helping her maintain a healthy weight until the apples ripened and began to fall during wind and rain storms. She wiggles and wobbles as she runs now.

Fortunately she can only eat so many apples and because she stockpiles them near the front porch my sheep are benefiting from her labors. Good dog Beatrix , my sweet, stout, and loving Apple Retriever.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable.

The Charm of Home said...

That is so funny! What a sweetie she is! Thanks for coming by and offering your kind words on the spiders. I really couldn't do a snake table! EEk! LOL!
SHerry

Deb said...

Awww-- is she ever cute!

joanne said...

funny girl! There is no stopping those labs when the tummy calls ;j

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such a funny girl! So cute!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Well I had no idea that apples could do that. I did know apple pie could:) She is beautiful. Hug B

Debbie said...

So funny! Well, everyone loves apples. Beau is also on a maintanance diet and so far it seems to be working. Your dog looks very happy.

Nib's End said...

I suppose that means I should cut back on the fresh apple cider I drink so much of this time of year. I certainly don't want to wiggle and wobble when I run!

I relish the stories you share about the critters of Cedar Pond.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Oh, that is so sweet. What a gorgeous dog.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Well I just love your apple retriever! LOL So cute!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How adorable ! Now if you could just get her to climb the apple tree, you would have it made!

Connie said...

How funny! She looks like a very sweet dog.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Lol ... what a sweetie.

Kathy M.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Oh my, she is beautiful!!