"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Monday, December 21, 2009

The Baby That Changed The World

In all the busy-ness of this time of year it is so easy to forget why we have set aside this time for celebration. I know our family tries to remember it is for celebrating the birth of Jesus, the Son of God. He was most likely not born in December , and so many more aspects of the commonly told 'Christmas story' are a bit different than scripture tells us, but one thing is sure. Jesus was born of a virgin and is the Son of God. He was raised by His earthly father, Joseph, and His mother Mary. He was crucified and arose from the the grave to be with His Father, as a Mediator and Savior for us all, we need only ask Him for salvation. It is so simple and yet so hard....because we need to admit we are in need of repentance and salvation, and that is a hard thing for so many of us. We so want to earn salvation OUR way, and in OUR time, in OUR conditions. Yet, He is merciful and righteous and sometimes we are able to forestall the inevitable and given time to slowly realize He was, is, and will eternally be God, Savior, our Redeemer, the Prince of Peace, Immanuel.... "...for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior , who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign unto you; you will find the baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Luke 2: 11,12

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful and important post Kathy. Blessings to you and your family this Christmas.

Connie said...

Wonderful video and accompanying post, Kathy. I love the hands shaped like a heart holding those tiny feet in the video.

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Dear Kathy,
Lovely, Christ-centered post!
You are very welcome to use any of my ideas and images! I'm so tickled they have inspired you!
In answer to your question--It took me a couple of days to finally have the altered book cover come together. When doing this I was working on several projects at once--in my precious spare time in the evenings. I think it would only take about four hours (includes the thinking out part) If I could work on it all at once like I'd like to!
I have enjoyed all your delightful sheep, villages, shepherds,and bottle brush tree decorations! Your home looks wonderfully cozy and festive! Also loved all your post about your grands--so sweet!--"If poppa really is Santa!"
I've done a bit less this year too.
We have been distracted this year as we are trying to put together a new antique business. It's been crazy to say the least!
Just want to say how much I have enjoyed all your comments left at the cabin! Getting to know you this year has truly been a blessing!
Have a wonderful Christmas!
With love from the Cabin!
Claudia O.

LindaSue said...

Due to our life situation - we simply are not caught up in the Christmas rush at all - no plans and no packages. Biggest pressure was Christmas cards and looks like they will be late! The Savior Incarnate is a reason to stop in awe - our world forever changed.

Julie Harward said...

I SO AGREE...HE IS THE REASON AND SOMETIMES I THINK WE THINK OF HIM TOO MUCH AS THE BABY WHEN WE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT HE GAVE HIS LIFE FOR EACH OF US. YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEK! Come say hi :D

Deanna said...

May you have the most Blessed and Merry Christmas as we say Happy Birthday Jesus!

What a huge difference Jesus makes in our lives. He is wonderful!

God Bless,
d from homehaven

Carol............. said...

Thanks for sharing this post, Kathy.

Merry Christmas.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such a wonderful post today! Have a wonderful Christmas! blessings,Kathleen

Karen said...

Beautiful post. I hope you all have a great Christmas.

Lisa said...

Great post! It is all too easy to lose sight of what the season is really all about.

KathyB. said...

Daisy, I noticed right away the precious shape of the hands around the tiny feet...

Teeny Tiny Cabin,thank-you. You are so creative with your decorating and you sound like me. I usually have at least 4 projects being worked on, at least 3 books throughout the house I am reading, along with the care of all my animals, upkeep of our home, multiple outside and family commitments, and believe it or not, all my projects and goals are usually fulfilled but it is taking a bit more time and energy than I have had lately....gotta cut back!

LindaSue, amen brethren!( and sisteren)

Vickie said...

Kathy, great post! It's so hard to fathom the virgin birth, the Saviour of the world and God in person. I can't wrap my brain around it, but believe every single word.

I just wanted to wish you all love, peace and Merry CHRISTmas and may God bless you now and in the coming year!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

SO true! I've often wondered what other people do to celebrate Christ's birth. We no longer put up a tree but have several creche's around the house and lots of candles. That allows us to pause and reflect on the wonder of it all.
Merry Christmas
from Thistle Cove Farm.

Nishant said...

The Savior Incarnate is a reason to stop in awe - our world forever changed.
Work from home India