"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Springing With Joy ~Lambs

Lambs are the perfect illustration of the word 'spring'."Spring: to leap, bound...to spurt; dart;shoot." Webster's
 I am not sure which lamb starts the little flock of lambs going, but in the early evenings, especially if it is a sunny evening, one lamb seems to give a certain look, then without warning, a whole group of lambs begins to run, leap, circle and spring, seemingly, with great joy, into the air, twisting mid-air to face the opposite direction,  land, and begin again, over and over.There is no T.V. show that can compete with this, and I love to sip a cup of good coffee as I watch my lambs play their lamb games.
 Sometimes the yearlings get into the game too, and to see a larger sheep jumping into the air, and leaping off logs to run around with the lambs is truly a delight, but I do have to laugh at the larger and older lambs as they jiggle as they run. Kind of like older ladies having fun with their young'uns, jiggling and laughing for the sheer joy of life."Joy:state of happiness, bliss." Websters Dictionary. I don't know about you,but in spite of so-called modern "wisdom" , I think animals do experience joy and happiness, just watch my lambs, baby bunnies,goat kids,puppies, foals,well...you get the picture."Shout joyfully to God, all the earth; Sing the glory of His name; Make His praise glorious." Psalm 66:1

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures, Kathy. They would be delightful to watch! Have a nice day.

Martha said...

What cute little black and white lambs!

Connie said...

I bet they are a lot of fun to watch. I definitely believe animals experience joy. I've seen it quite often in various animals.

A.K.W. said...

Nice pictures, glad we don't do lambing season or kidding season anymore though.

Amy

Debbie said...

I can't even imagine how cute that is! Deb

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Now I want to raise sheep!!!! It does kind of give you a look into what kind of person David was as he watched his little lambs and cared for his older ones as a shepherd -- always thinking of his God as THE Shepherd of his life. My sister has goats, and the little ones do the same things and just whiz past the older ones. The only thing about goats is ---- they have no wool!!!!!

Dolores said...

I'm afraid I wouldn't get a thing done.....I'd be watching your adorable animals. They're so cute!!

Kathy B said...

such beautiful creatures! Thanks for posting these pics -- it brightened my day!

Kim said...

You are right. When they jump and play it looks like pure joy!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

The baby lambs are just precious! I bet you just want to hold them all! Loved your words with this!

Carol............. said...

These babies are awesome........I LOVE the markings!

Wearegratefulfour said...

I believe animals experience a myriad of emotions - everything from joy and happiness to sadness and loneliness. I could easily picture your lambs at play in my mind as I read your post. I loved the way you described the older sheep.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I love the colour of your lambs. I have never seen such beautiful fun loving lambs. B

Judy said...

What a neat first photo of the little lamb's earnest face! I know that my dogs experience joy-I can see it on their faces when I'm throwing the ball for them in a wide field and they get to run free.