"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Goth-Gawking

I took this picture late this afternoon. It is my old ram Goth who spent a week of his life almost every year at the Western Washington State Fair in the Animals of the World barn . Our exhibit was directly across the aisle from the zebras, zee-donks, yaks, and reindeer. Many thousands of people saw him and stared at him over the years and I watched hundreds of people photograph him.

Now that we've relocated to the other side of the mountains Goth is retired and enjoying life in a pasture situated in front of our new home. The gravel road that fronts our property is actually a well traveled road between our home and the hills and mountains across the road. Often I discover a vehicle parked in front of our place and see , yes, people gawking at Goth ! Goth still attracts attention even in his old age. ( Goth is 13 years old.) I hope he lives for many more years, I am quite fond of this old ram.

12 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Kathy ~ So good to see a post from you! Goth is uniquely handsome. I love the coloring of his wool.

I love your header picture!!!! Someone painted a wonderful painting.

Happy Summer there at Laughing Dove Farm ~ FlowerLady

L. D. said...

He really is a different kind of sheep. I don't think I have ever heard of this breed before now. He ranks up there with zebras.

Deb said...

Oh my gosh, Kathy. He is spectacular. I'm happy his life in show-business has ended but his fans continue to admire. :)

A.K.W. said...

Beautiful ram!

-Amy

Nib's End said...

The curly horns are cute...the prongs look wicked. With that sly grin on his face, he seems to be taunting us: "Go ahead, come a little closer and make my day." Not a beast for the faint of heart, I am thinking. How does one get close enough for shearing?

Henny Penny said...

So good to hear from you!! Goth is beautiful and very unusual looking. I would stop and look too.

My Cottage Diary said...

So glad your comment alerted me to check your blog and discover a new post! What a fine-looking ram Goth is! I would think he's also a good guard dog by discouraging any would-be trespassers. He looks very content in his new digs. I hope he lives many more years, too, and when it's time, I hope he has a peaceful and gentle passing. (I always pray the latter for any animal that crosses my path because I hate to think of even squirrels and bunnies suffering.) Blessings, Bess

Deanna said...

'Gawking At Goth'
That would be a great name for a book. grins. He is something to behold.
Glad you shared him with us in bogland,
d

Rian said...

That is one impressive animal! (and those horns look wicked!) I would definitely stop and gawk...

Just Mags said...

No wonder people gawk at him...he is a beautiful animal. His colors and patterns are amazing. I bet he is enjoying his nice pasture and your new place. Hugs

Connie said...

Goth really is a one-of-a-kind ram. I understand why people want to stop and take a better look at him. :-)

ellen b. said...

Ha! I can see why people gawk! He's a very interesting animal...