"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Monday, November 21, 2011

Tea Time Tuesday , From My Sister!

My sister Joni travels a lot and when she is in towns that hold special family significance she often picks up a souvenir. When she was in Minnesota she decided to travel to Little Falls to see the town that was part of our Mother's heritage.She stopped at an antiques & collectibles shop and bought me this teacup! Thank-you Joni. On this day I picked some grapes from our vines and served myself a piece of Black Walnut Pound-cake I baked using a recipe from blogging friend Mildred. ( delicious!) I made a pot of Red Rose tea and took some time to catch up on some reading.
Mikasa Bone China~ Chippendale.
During this week of Thanksgiving I am hoping you remember all the many blessings you have , no matter your circumstance, there must be some blessings! I am thankful for my family, for sisters, children, grandchildren. I am thankful for my dear husband, for a home and food to eat. I am thankful for my God, and that He showers His blessings on the just and the unjust, that His love for me is unconditional.I could go on & on but you get the picture. Happy Thanksgiving to you ! ~"You say "if I had a little more I should be satisfied'; You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled." Charles Spurgeon ~"In everything give thanks.." I Thess.5:18

15 comments:

Terri said...

Isn't that the sweetest gift! Such a regal looking cup with it's classy upright stance. The pattern too, is a pretty one! Your tea time sounds fab, I think I would love that walnut cake!
Hugs,
Terri

Debbie said...

That Joni is certainly a sweet sister with good taste.You will think of her everytime you use that cup. I want to wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving too, and how thankful I am for friends like you who I can share and enjoy His gifts with.
Isn't friendship a wonderful gift?
Debbie

cairncottage said...

Hi, Joni
I came across your blog from your link up with Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage. I, too am a tea lover and enjoyed your post today! Teatime with a favorite cup is so relaxing! I wish you a bless-ed Thanksgiving holiday!

If you get a chance, come on over to my blog at:
http://christintheclouds.blogspot.com/

In His Love, Ann
Exodus 34:6-7

Carol............. said...

Another beautiful addition to your collection!

What a cute little ceramic pumpkin..

Have a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving......

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello Kathy,
what a great gift makes this wonderful tea pot. Have a great Thanksgiving.
Best greetings, Johanna

Paula said...

It's beautiful, Kathy! Your sis has great taste... :o)
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Dolores said...

You're so right, we have so many wonderful blessings to be thankful for each day.

Beautiful tea cup and saucer...and memory of your thoughtful sister.

Hugs,

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a wonderful teacup from your sister and she shares the same name as another lovely Joni! Your grapes look delicious and very pretty with your cup. I really enjoy Charles Spurgeon's writings. Thank you for sharing this with us today and a Happy Thanksgiving is wished for you and your family.

Blessings,
Sandi

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Beautiful tea cup! Have a blessed Thanksgiving. blessings,Kathleen

Antiques And Teacups said...

How nice to spend such special time with your sister. The black walnut pound cake sounds delish!
Ruth

Connie said...

What a pretty teacup! It was very thoughtful of your sister to get that for you. Wishing you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving, Kathy. We all are so fortunate and have SO much to be grateful for. :)

Zaa said...

Hi Joni ... What a sweet gift . Looks like a cup that will grace many thoughtful morning sips of tea. The pattern is humble and yet elegant especially when filled to brim with the Thanksgiving gratitude of the season and a piece of that yummy walnut cake. ... Thanks for sharing ....Bright Blessing

PeregrineBlue said...

i wonder how many you have by now. i have started a blue and white collection of cups and pitchers since the new house has a lot of blue tile in the kitchen.

as for giving thanks, i keep repeating to myself how very very very blessed i am to have stability and love unconditional, and two healthy giving and talented children, a warm home and the presence of God in my heart every minute of the day.

ofcourse i am thankful for you too my dear who is an example of family at its best.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Joni is thoughtfully kind and must delight you and in you, Kathy. I'm thankful we "net-met", you've been a blessing in my life.

Pondside said...

What a sweet sister to remember your love for tea cups on her trips. I hope you and your family had a lovely Thanksgiving celebration and continue to enjoy the holiday weekend.