"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Friday, March 27, 2015

A Faithful Dog Is A Treausre

Beatrix, ever faithful, always following me. She was born in our kitchen along with her many sisters and brothers. When the litter of pups began opening their eyes, I would always find one wee puppy simply sitting up in her wobbly puppy way and watching me no matter what else was going on in the puppy bed. She is still the same, ever watchful and loving. She's getting old , but her older sister is still doing well so I expect to have Beatrix around for a few more years. (Right now she is snoring as she sleeps at my feet .)

A loving and faithful dog is a treasure. This dog, my Beatrix, seems unable to settle down unless she is near me , unless she can see me. She is perfectly content to simply be near me with no physical interaction needed.  How much more I would hope to desire my God, my Lord & Savior. Absolute and steadfast love for Him , not so unlike that of my dog for me. Thank-you God for the simple adoration and friendship of a loving dog.

16 comments:

Lilac Cottage Homestead said...

Beautiful! You are blessed, sounds like a sweet dog! But I agree, That is the way we should love God our Savoir, just like that!! Never letting him out of our site!! Always staying close to him!!
Kelly

Deb said...

She is a treasure, indeed.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post Kathy.

LeeAnn at Mrs Black's said...

A beautifully felt and worded sentiment about dogs and faith. She is wonderful. x

Far Side of Fifty said...

Dogs are the best loyal companions:)

joanne said...

I agree completely. You will never be loved like that, in that way, again. It is a special bond we have with our pets.

Just Mags said...

Such a sweet post and beautiful dog. My little dog reminds me all the time of the unconditional love God has for us. God has blessed us with these sweet, loyal companions. Hugs and blessings!

Stella Jones said...

There is nothing quite like the love of a dog is there? I don't know of a more faithful creature.

Julene said...

What a sweet tribute to your treasured dog! And, to God himself! Isn't it wonderful that God has given us animals to enlarge our hearts?

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Kathy, my "Beatrix" are Sadie and Sam but Sam when Daisy isn't around. I'm going to call someone tomorrow and see if I can find a new home for Daisy; she's not working out. She's a man's dog and refused to listen to me unless she's in the house and doesn't have a choice. If she hears a man's voice, she's GONE.
If it wasn't for my dogs, I would have killed myself the March after Dave died. They made me take care of them and then myself. Thank God for His loving creation in the form of dogs!

Deanna said...

They truly are wonderful and your treasures are sweet!

All the best,
d

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

My Raider is just like your Beatrix and I enjoy every moment with him. Oh, to be that attentive to my heavenly father!

Connie said...

She is a sweet and faithful companion. Lovely post, Kathy. :)

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How sweet and so true!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How sweet and so true!

My Cottage Diary said...

She's beautiful, Kathy, and has such a good name! Thank God for dogs, indeed. Blessings, Bess