"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Thursday Tea In The Garden ~ Chicks & Thyme

 Spring time and I have chicks hatching out all over the place.
 Well, not really. But I have chicks whose mamas are hatching them out in the right places ( underneath their mamas ) , quite successfully.
 These two chicks were hatched out by my grandchildren using an incubator they borrowed from me. The eggs the chicks hatched from were green because they came from my Americana hens , and the rooster -father is my Black Copper Marans . I am hoping they are hens.
 I have decided to celebrate Thursday Tea In The Garden because Thursday is a wonderful day for me to take time to blog, and I really do spend all sunny days outside working in my poultry pens, my gardens, or with my sheep & dogs. I got the idea from Judith at Lavender Cottage. * I don't think this is a link-up party but she gets the credit for a Thursday celebration I am excited to celebrate in my own gardens., thank-you Judith !
 Oh, by the way, these two chicks were given names by one of my granddaughters whilst being cared for by her & her younger sister after they hatched out of the incubator. Welcome to the big wide world Albert Cheepers McNugget Featherweight Esquire the 1st  and Prudence. Just hope one is a hen & the other a rooster !
 Not to forget the garden part, yes, I did have tea in the garden, a chamomile blend, most soothing. I looked over my herb ( Blue Bottle ) garden , pondered it a bit and decided I will plant this pot of lemon thyme in the thyme bed tomorrow.
Cheepers & Prudence are safely tucked into their small brooder in our sun-room after modeling for me earlier today. They really were not too excited by my pretty Japanese tea-cup , my cheery yellow polka dotted teapot, nor my bunny planter which now holds a blooming orchid. But then, they are baby chickens and food, water, warmth, & safety are all they desire.

I hope your spring plantings are beginning to bud & your hopes and dreams are too. Happy gardening, happy tea-time. Cheep ~ cheep.

25 comments:

LL Farm said...

Wonderful names ;-) Cute pictures...we were thinking alike - I just did a photo shoot with our chicks also.
Lori from LL Farm

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So cute. Love the old fashioned name of Prudence.

CountryMum said...

Oh they are both so very cute!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a happy post! Your little chicks are so adorable and I can almost smell their little warm chick smell.

Happy Gardening and chick raising ~ FlowerLady

Theresa said...

Cute little chicks:) My garden is just getting going! Can't wait for some homegrown tomatoes! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Such fun having a couple of fluffy chicks to play with on your table Kathy. I like the cheery yellow polka dot teapot and am happy you are doing a tea and garden post as well.
I've added a link to it at the bottom of mine.
Happy gardening!

Lilac Cottage Homestead said...

Love the Chicks!! I can't wait to see what they look like when they get bigger!!Please post pictures!! Probably like their Daddy! Oh I wish I could do some gardening!! It won't quit RAINING!!!! Maybe in a week or so. Well may God bless your day!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Those chicks are so darn cute!

Susan said...

Ohhhhh, those are adorable little chicks and bunnies, too! Susan

Deborah Montgomery said...

Just adorable! How special your grandchildren got to experience hatching them. Well, seeing them hatch!

Debbie said...

There are few things sweeter than fluffy babies. Not much chance of those around here. We are, however, having great weather and rain. Remembering the 2 drought years in the past. Keeping up with you...have a great Spring.

Beth in NEPA said...

I enjoyed seeing your chicks. What fun to get to watch them grow.

Lady Jane said...

Cute little chicks. I will keep my fingers crossed you have one of each. Love that long name I would have to call him cheepers cause I wouldn't be able to remember the full name, lol...

A.K.W. said...

Love the names and pictures!

Amy

Barbara Lilian in France said...

Just found you from Judith, I love my garden so I think I'll join in the Thursday Tea & Garden . Loved seeing your little chicks, it reminded me of the summer spent at our daughters when they were away and we house sat for them, while they were away on holiday to look after their animals. Their hens chicks were due to hatch, so I had to be there to take photos so that my grandsons could see them while they still tiny. Look forward to seeing lots more of your posts.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, Such sweet photos. I love the names your granddaughters gave the chicks. You are the second blog friend to add lemon thyme to their garden this week. I love the fragrance! Wishing you a blessed weekend.

Connie said...

Aw, Kathy, these little chicks look so cute posing in your teacups. Very sweet.

Far Side of Fifty said...

They are as cute as can be! How wonderful that your grands hatched them and named them:)

Stella Jones said...

Wonderful pictures and story. So pretty, your little chicks. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Tea in the Library said...

Oh I hope they are hens too! Thursday IS a good day for a little celebratory tea!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Hi Kathy, your chicks are so cute. Sounds like your grands are enterprising and that's a good thing. My frost date is May 15 but I'm starting seeds this week. Hope springs eternal.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Nothing is sweeter than baby chicks! How adorable are yours in the teacups!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

What a sweet and lighthearted post! How can one resist baby chicks.........especially in teacups!

Just Mags said...

Those little chicks are just adorable and the pictures are precious. Hugs

L. D. said...

I almost missed this posting. I love the little chicks. They are so cute. We lived on the farm as a kid and had baby chicks hatched out in the farmyard area. I liked seeing the little chicks following their mother around the lots.