"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Random Happenings Around Cedar Pond

 It's that time of year I spend a lot of time watching and evaluating my Jacob sheep. This is Gudrid. Her four horns are a bit wonky but I like them, and I like her. I also like her fleece. I have a new ram and am hoping Cedar Pond's Gudrid and  Puddleduck Jonas will produce some amazing lambs for me. I am excited about spring 2016 lambs already.
 My husband was painting the second story of our house front, directly over the skylights in the sunroom. The cats were fascinated and watched him the whole time he was up there.
 Blizzard ...
 ... and Miss Marple.
 I finished my chicken embroidery on a piece of linen. I am still not sure what I am going to do with it. Add words ? Make a pillow or tea cozy with it ? Put it away in a drawer and forget about it ?

I carry a small bag of embroidery projects with embroidery floss, scissors and extra needles for those times I find myself waiting somewhere away from home. The doctor's office, the auto shop, or while visiting people. If I have some stitchery to do it keeps my hands busy and my mind free to concentrate on conversation or prayer. 
We now know why our fountain is losing water more rapidly than it should. Just glad Ella and Fella can't actually get into the fountain to splash and swim ! ( You know that is what they're contemplating.)
 
We finally got some rain this past weekend, along with a windstorm that knocked out our power and kept us without electricity over night. We survived , but many in our area sustained a lot of damage to their homes and the winds whooshed their way over the mountains to eastern Washington without much rain fanning the flames and spreading the already devastating wildfires there.
 
September is here and I am so happy about this. It has been a very hot , dry, and busy summer , but my favorite season is almost here and along with September cooler weather has come. Yay !!!!

13 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Kathy ~ What a fun and interesting post! To think you grow :-) your own wool for yarn, you have sweet felines watching 'Dad' so intently, and your ducks are beautiful.

You will be getting cooler temps long before me. I'm always happy when September comes every year, because fall will be coming.

Have a great week ~ Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

A.K.W. said...

Nice post! I remember lambing season and kidding season but no more though, we just have male Muscovy ducks, many outdoor cats, and 2 dogs here now. It is still quite warm here but some cooler weather is headed this way soon though.

Amy

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love seeing your life with the animals at Cedar Pond...and your embroidery is charming!

Theresa said...

Looks like my kinda life:) Love the outdoors, animals and the cooler temps of September! CUTE embroidered chicks! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to greet September, too. I was happy to see on the news last night the lovely clear skies that the Chelan area is finally enjoying after so many days of smoke filled skies. Glad you had minimal damage. We just have small branches and lots of leaves scattered all over our yard. Have a good first week of September!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such cute photos of your animal friends :) Hope you get some little lambs this spring, too! It's so nice to have cooler weather now. I can finally do some yard work instead of spending all my time watering! Love your embroidery - it would make a darling pillow! xo Karen

Anonymous said...

So nice to see your sheep and Miss Marple and Blizzard. I do love your embroidery. A tea cozy would be cute. Like you, I really love Autumn!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Kathy, I really like your redwork...bright and cheery and would keep it out to give pleasure...probably a tea cozy...? I thought I missed lambs so took in a couple of rescues who were orphans (48 hours after birth), raised in diapers in a home...to call them brats do brats a disservice. Long story short...they knocked me to the porch and I was rather badly hurt. Am just now recovering although the pain is still a constant companion. All that to say...I'm enjoying your sheep and lambs from a distance .

Deanna said...

Can't imagine having four horns! Ha. Your kitties are so pretty.
Blessings to you,
d

Anonymous said...

Sheep looks good. Cats are so patience to watch out the whole thing, Chicken embroidery attracts be lot. Have a nice day!

Connie said...

Great post, Kathy. It's good to hear what is going on in your life. I love the pictures of the cats. They are such curious creatures.

Lisa Smith said...

Your chicken embroidery is charming! It would look so nice as any number of things. Sometimes the finishing of a project is the most challenging, I've found. Like you, I always carry a portable stitching project in my purse.

I love the photos of your cats . . . they are so entertaining, and such good company. Thanks for your interesting update!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Love your embroidery. Did you trace the design on the linen from a pattern?