"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

A Few Residents of Laughing Dove Farm

A few of my Jacob Sheep grazing in the front pasture between the house and the gravel road.
A mama hen with chicks she hatched out and tends.
One of my ewe lambs. I had 19 healthy lambs born here this year , doubling my flock of sheep !

 This little curly mama hen hatched out her brood of chicks under our new chicken house. They are tiny bantams and will be tiny when grown up. She and her rooster are very protective of their chicks. The rooster / father of the chicks is a self-blue d'uccle I got from my oldest grandson a few years ago
Whimsy, one of our 4 dogs. She is my constant companion and protector.
Life is so good here, especially because I am blessed to share it with people and animals I love.

"Some people go through life trying to find out what the world holds for them only to find out too late that it's what they bring to the world that really counts." L.M. Montgomery ~ ' Anne of Green Gables'

14 comments:

A.K.W. said...

Nice pictures!

Amy

Deb said...

Your bantam hens are so adorable. Always been a favorite of mine. All looks lovely at Cedar Pond.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thank you for sharing more loveliness from your farm. I truly enjoyed the photos and your words. A little mini virtual vacation.

Happy Summer enjoying each day and all of your critters.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

I just love seeing all of your animals! This is truly a joy to me, as I love farming and homesteading, and currently can't do what I used to. (Someday, though!) I'm happy you've got so many wonderful animals!

ellen b. said...

A great setting for your growing animal kingdom!

L. D. said...

I can't believe you were able to move all of those critters but I am glad you did. It is so fun to see.

Just Mags said...

They all look peaceful, healthy and very much at home. Thank you for sharing some of your beautiful animal family with us...great pictures.

Theresa said...

You are living the dream:) Enjoy! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Nib's End said...

Each time I see a photo of your sheep grazing in their abundant pasture it makes me happy for them.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Love the beautiful photos of 'All Creatures Great and Small'. You certainly do live in a gorgeous place with the sweetest of companions! xx Karen

belinda said...

Hi Kathy,
I love to see the Jacob sheep, in a HUGE pasture....how happy they must be.
So happy for you and JIm, we miss visiting with you....they were VERY special times to us.
We do get to visit Mark and Becky, who have just bought their new home....they are very happy and settled now...thank you Lord.
GOd bless ALL your family....😘😘😘😘

Connie said...

Your new home seems to be the perfect place for both your human family and your animal families. I enjoyed seeing your photos of all of your creatures. :) I hope you have a nice weekend.

My Cottage Diary said...

Wonderful photos, darling babies, and sweet doggie! Blessings, Bess

Stella Jones said...

Your animals are lovely and have obviously settled down really well at your new address.
The little chicks are adorable. Fancy having them under the shed! She must have decided that that was the safest place to rear them.