"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Friday, July 11, 2008

Great Expectations....

We are expecting our 8th grandchild any moment now....literally, any moment. Our daughter is in early labor with her and her wonderful husbands fourth child ! According to the marvels of medical science, this little bundle is a boy.Yay, he will be our 2nd grandson, thus making our oldest and youngest grandchildren boys. That leaves a whopping 6 girls in the middle, and of course they are most precious. I was privileged to be in the delivery room for the birth of our daughters previous 3 children and am determined I will be there for this baby. I have been spending the night with them while she times contractions. Of course while I am in their home I get to enjoy the three older children and what marvels our grandchildren are. I know all you grandparents out there agree. Well, baby is taking his time so I have come home to check on the critters and since I need to stay close to the phone I am plying my wool. It is very pleasant to sit on my porch in the shade of the grape vine climbing up and around the porch and spin and ply. I am enjoying the hummingbirds buzzing at the feeders, our ducks sunning themselves on the lawn after an especially vigorous bathing and preening in our pond. The sheep in their wooly coats are keeping to the shade while they chew their cud and think sheepy thoughts (probably of more alfalfa and cracker treats ).All in all, a wonderful blessing to be able to spend my day this way. "The mark of a sheep is its ability to hear The Shepherd's voice.The sheep listen to His voice. He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out." Max Lucado SAFE in the Shepherd's Arms

1 comment:

Lanny said...

It is amazing how much a grandparent can enjoy her/his grandchildren. I feel very connected to my two grandboys and wished I could see them more often as the littlest is not to keen right now on the lady who caught him when he was born. Happy birthing to all of you!!