"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Seasons

 Things change, seasons of life can surprise us, even with great joy.My youngest sister has returned home, to our state, after so many years away. My other 2 sisters and I are enjoying having her back home. In the photo above she is walking with 4 of my grandchildren out into the field to pick apples with them. God has worked all things out for us more perfectly than we could have ever planned, He is so good to us !
My sheep are thriving, and I am pleased with the spring lambs I have chosen to keep. Above is Bide-a-wee Buttercup with her lamb ( rt) Cedar Pond's Bluebonnet Vickie, named for Sand Flat Farm's Vickie and the state flower of Texas.Bluebonnet Vickie is almost as large as her mother, and has 4 horns fused, appearing as if they are 2 very large horns. 
 The weather in the Pacific Northwest has surpassed all previous records of days without rain. Fires are still burning in our state. I am having to water trees and plants I have never had to water this time of the year. Usually I can count on this being the time of year to get things done inside, but am still having as much outdoor work as the summer months without benefit of the long hours of sunlight.

I am still getting yarn spun up, wee little sheep made, wool dyed, carded, and put away for the winter days inside by the fire.However, by the time I get inside I am just plain tired out, and I am thinking the season of life for me has come where I must be more selective in my use of time. I think I will be praying about this and pondering the right choices this fall & winter as I spin up more wool yarn and craft more rugs, remembering to enjoy the company and blessing of those God has placed in my life, and I in theirs. ~ "I have seen the task which God has given the sons of men with which to occupy themselves.He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart.." Ecclesiastes 3:10,11

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet photo of your sis with the grands. What a blessing to have this time together.
It has been such a unique spring/summer, I just wonder what winter will be like.
May God bless you and your family. Love to all.

Deanna said...

Sweet Autumn blessings to you!
A neat place you live.
God bless,
d

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

It has been nice out (except for the smoke), hasn't it. Sorry that is causing you extra work though.

I am so happy for you that your sister is now living close by! Yay!

Kathy M.

Connie said...

What a joy to have your sister nearby again. I'm glad to hear your sheep are thriving. This has been such a bizarre year weather wise. Who knows what is going to come next. I hope you have a good week ahead.

Vickie said...

Hi Kathy! Thanks for stopping by - I'm excited to see my namesake, Bluebonnet Vickie! That was so sweet for you name her after me. She's very pretty. I'm glad to hear your sister has moved back closer to you other sisters. I only have one, but she means the world to me!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Kathy, it is that season of life to make hard decisions...there's less of us in the form of energy and the work seems to mount daily.
I've spoken with a couple of men about buying my calves; praying I'll get a good price and they'll still make money. Right now it feels like they want to take advantage of me; I keep praying Exodus 14:14.

Paula said...

Miss Vickie is beautiful, Kathy! (The sheep and the human one!)
I'm so sorry to hear about the wildfires... hope there is relief from them soon..
I know you are happy to have your sister close by now~ sounds like you have lots of catching up to do!

Pondside said...

As I write it is still raining here - so very welcome!
I am apace with you in thinking about how to use my time better. Putting a limit on the hours I am willing to work has helped!