"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter Centerpiece for Tea-Time Tuesday

 Last Thursday was our monthly Bible study. The Thursday Ladies came together to fellowship over lunch and continue our Bible study in the book of I Samuel. I set the table with a small collection of Japanese blue lusterware. I used this teacup for last week's tea time Tuesday too, but decided to share my precious teacups for Thursday's lunch. Isn't the gold luster inside the teacup beautiful? The tea set was made in Japan before I was born, which makes it more than half a century old.
 The table & buffet centerpieces were very simple and also a reflection of why our family celebrates Easter. I gathered some moss from outside in our woods, placed it into this domed goblet, added a small plastic ram and made a label on which I wrote an appropriate scripture verse. Genesis 22:13



 One of my sisters is checking out the table as the ladies arrive.

 I try to keep the table settings for Bible study fairly simple, as was lunch. This month it was a 'make your own sandwich' affair. There was tuna, chicken salad and deli meat along with the cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and condiments. Bowls of chips, carrots, plates of deviled eggs. My friend Marlene brought a lovely and healthy salad composed of organic lettuces and veggies. ( Thank-you Marlene). Cupcakes for dessert.
 The table centerpiece reflects the foundation of my faith as a Christian. The resurrection of the crucified Son of God, Jesus. It is moss, with three crosses I made from sticks in the yard and some miniature lilies I had stashed away in a craft box. I placed this on a pedestal cake plate. I will also be using it as our Easter dinner centerpiece.


 Children are welcome to come with their mothers or grandmothers and I set a table for them. The lamb planter was a floral filled gift for our family when our daughter was born. I put a small clump of white pansies in it and candy in the chick.

Mint and Irish Black tea , along with coffee and ice water were the beverages. The true refreshment and sustaining nourishment came from the study and contemplation of the word of God. He is so good to me and I praise him for this opportunity to come together with others who desire to learn more about Him, and also the ability to enjoy Tea-Time Tuesday with you. Thank-you for joining me today. Please check out the links below for other delightful tea-time posts.

25 comments:

Bernideen said...

I love your centerpiece arrangement. Your blue luster ware is really pretty. I have a few colorful pieces my eyes were drawn to that are whimsical. What a great table you have set! I am sure they love coming to your house!

Denise said...

Oh My!I love the lusterware set.You are fortunate to have it.My fav. color is lavender and the gold inside is stunning.All of your Easter decorations are beautiful.Lovely post My Dear :)

Denise said...

OOoo I also have a collection of sheep and lambs I believe for the same reason you do :) I love your collection.

Deb said...

Your dishes are so pretty and I love the little lambs. They are my favorite Easter decoration. Have a wonderful celebration. Deb

Terri said...

Hello Kathy,
What a great time together you must have had. The table looks lovely!
The lusterware Japanese tea set is fabulous! I love it! I am sure it is so light and that tea is wonderful in those cups.
Happy Easter,
Terri

icebear said...

My oldest daughter would swoon over that tea set. Her favorite color is blue and she adores Japanese things.

I absolutely love those mossy centerpieces, the one with the ram is so perfect in its simplicity and the bright green. The verse along with the 3 crosses centerpiece is a favorite of mine also. He is risen indeed!

Pondside said...

That must have been a beautiful afternoon, Kathy. The table is lovely and everyone must have felt so special when they saw all the thoughtful details!

sandy said...

Your table looks beautiful! I love your simple yet elegant centerpiece. Your luster ware is lovely! Have a wonderful week!

Christina Paul said...

This is so lovely- what beautiful items and delightful touches with the moss under glass. I just love lambs too and have some out since Christmas :)

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a wonderful table! Great for a luncheon with "the sheep of His hand". I love luster. It is sp pretty! Love your arrangements and cloche, but especially the message! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Tea in Texas said...

What a special time and sharing your home with your friends for bible study is wonderful. I love all your ideas of using the green moss in the lovely centerpiece. Your lusterware teaset is a treasure and so pretty on your table. Have a wonderful Easter!

Pam

Snap said...

Lovely blue lusterware. I have an overabundance of bunnies and few lambs -- but I'm changing that! Adding lambs this year, but they have to be special. I'll be shopping after Easter! :D Your table looks lovely and I'm sure you had a great time. Happy Tea Day!

Connie said...

Lovely table and decorations, Kathy. The lunch you have planned sounds perfect too. Your Bible study group sounds like it is both fun and spiritually fulfilling.

Veronica Roth said...

Oh my goodness Kathy, I have very similar Japanese luster ware cups. Don't they look so fragile; like they could snap in your hand? Mine do. I carried them in a little cloth bag all the way from England to Vancouver one year. By hand! Looks like you have a lovely time with your family.
I hope you have a lovely week ahead. Hugs to you. :)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Very beautiful centerpiece arrangement. Very pretty dishes in blue lusterware, with the gold inside the teacups. I have sheeps and lambs from my Nativity C'mas, but they're stashed away til next December, lol..I love yours. Big hugs,
FABBY

Eggs In My Pocket said...

It all looks so elegant and inviting! Wishing you a very blessed Easter holiday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, Such a beautiful tablescape for your Bible study/luncheon. I especially like the planter from your daughter's birth; so sweet! I notice on your sidebar how the grands are growing. You have a beautiful family and I wish each of you a lovely and blessed Easter.

Martha's Favorites said...

Dear friend: Everything looks so beautiful. Love that tea set. Nothing is as pretty as lusterware. Have a blessed Easter. Hugs, Martha

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there dear Kathy,

Your Tea time is very pretty. Oh my!... I love your lusterware especially. Such darling little lambs as well. All is so beautiful.

Have a marvelous week and a blessed Easter celebration of God's amazing grace.

Cheers, blessings and hugs from Wanda Lee

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Kathy,
What a wonderful table you have set for your ladies! I love your blue luster ware tea set; so pretty! The lambs are so cute.
I really love your three crosses centerpiece. It is beautiful and tells the story of our Lord's sacrifice for us so well. Very nicely done!
Thank you so much for coming to tea and sharing your lovely table with us. Have a beautiful Holy week, my friend.

Easter blessings,
Sandi

Nib's End said...

I am starving for green in this part of the world. I sit at my kitchen table looking and looking at your lovely mounds of moss, shamrocks, daffodils and pansies instead of looking out my own uninspired window. And I am drinking in something that cannot be brewed. Color. Here in the upper Midwest, color returns to us as another kind of resurrection and the rebirth of spring reminds us of the real thing. Thank you for sharing your teatime and resurrection scripture with us; my cup is full and running over.

Nib's End said...

I am starving for green in this part of the world. I sit at my kitchen table looking and looking at your lovely mounds of moss, shamrocks, daffodils and pansies instead of looking out my own uninspired window. And I am drinking in something that cannot be brewed. Color. Here in the upper Midwest, color returns to us as another kind of resurrection and the rebirth of spring reminds us of the real thing. Thank you for sharing your teatime and resurrection scripture with us; my cup is full and running over.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Kathy, those cups are wonderful. They remind me of my Grandma J. for some reason.

I always love your Bible study group posts. I wonder where my little lamb planter is from when my first little baby was born, because we receive one just like it.

God bless,

Kathy M.

Felicity W said...

Love the decoration. It's simple and elegant. I love how you use plants from your yard.

Love the little lambs also.

Happy Easter!

Dolores said...

Oh my gosh, when I saw the sweet lamb planter, it made my heart skip a beat. When our son was born I received a lamb such as yours.... so sweet!

I love the idea of having different types of sandwiches.....

Your table looks perfect!!!
Hugs,