"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Monday, June 3, 2013

Awesome Beauty Of Cannon Beach, Oregon

 This is the view my husband & I had from our room in the Cannon Beach Hallmark Inn on the Oregon Coast. I could truly look at this view every day and see something amazing and different. The sky and sea are always moving, changing, and awesome. ( in the true meaning of the word).




"Awe~ Reverential fear ; veneration ; solemn wonder." "Awesome ~Causing, or expressing of awe." Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
"...who enclosed the sea with doors, when bursting forth it went out from the womb; when I made a cloud its garment, and thick darkness its swaddling band, and I placed boundaries on it , and I set a bolt and doors and I said, "Thus far you shall come but no farther; and here shall your proud waves stop."  ( God ) Job 37:8-11
 
"Oh Lord God of hosts, who is like Thee, O mighty Lord ? Thy faithfulness also surrounds Thee. Thou dost rule the swelling of the sea; When its waves rise , Thou dost still them...the heavens are Thine, the earth is also Thine; The world and all it contains, Thou hast founded them." Psalm 89:9-11 
 

10 comments:

A.K.W. said...

Lovely pictures!

Amy

JC said...

Thanks for sharing.
I love it at the Hallmark.
So close.

Timi said...

This must be a beautiful place!!!
Wonderful photos!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize how big that rock was until I saw the people in the picture! Amazing!

Connie said...

Amazing view! So beautiful, Kathy!

Entertaining Women said...

The scripture from Job is such a perfect inclusion with your gorgeous photography. I've always loved the sounds and the feel of the mist and breeze at the oceans edge. Thanks for sharing these with us. Cherry Kay

Eggs In My Pocket said...

What a beautiful place! Love this post!

Alice said...

Now I know where to stay when we come back for a visit. We love Cannon Beach also and visit it every time we are in Washington if we get the chance. Very nice photos.

Alice said...

Now I know where to stay when we come back for a visit. We love Cannon Beach also and visit it every time we are in Washington if we get the chance. Very nice photos.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Kathy, you're the second person I've read recently that went to Cannon Beach. Now, I wonder who the other blogger was...? It looks like a beautiful beach; Dave and I've been to Crescent Beach, is that anywhere near?