"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Honey-Bee Tea Time on the Porch

 Autumn, my favorite time of the year. I love the crispness of sunny autumn days but this fall the weather is hot. Too hot. I took tea outside on my front porch because it was hot indoors and the thermometer said it was a cool 80 degrees in the shade on the porch. 80 degrees ? It is the second week of October and nary a raindrop in sight for most of the month this far. I am missing my Pacific northwest weather of cool rainy days , cool sunny days , and rain.
 I did however enjoy my mint tea and some cookies on the porch as I watched the birds at the feeder and my dogs snored at my feet. This honeybee cup with a lid was a birthday gift from my sister-in-law Alice * and her husband Paul.
 The cup not only came with a lid ( love this feature ! ) but it came with a strainer that fits over the cup , a plate to rest the cup on and a little hive shaped rest for the used tea leaves or tea bags. The whole set goes perfectly with my honeybee tea pot too !

 Seems like I have not been home much at all the past 6 weeks and just returned home again this past weekend.I am so happy to be back . I will be enjoying tea on my porch catching up on the magazines that have been piling up while I've been away , maybe even get some spinning and wool dyeing done this week too. Might as well take advantage of this amazing weather while it lasts.

I am excited to be back to my Tea-Time Tuesdays too and will be joining these ladies ~
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage *
Martha at Martha's Favorites *
Bernideen's Tea Time Blog *
Ruth at Antiques & Teacups *
Kathy at A Delightsome Life *

13 comments:

Connie said...

That is such a cute tea set, Kathy! I love that. It turned cool very quickly here in the last couple of weeks. I wanted to hold onto summer a little bit longer. I'm sure you're glad to be home again. There's no place like it. :)

Martha's Favorites said...

Kathy: Your porch looks like it is right out of a magazine. Love the tea set with the bees. Just perfect for this time of year. You are right, where is our rain? Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh Kathy, how I would love to sit with you on your pretty porch and enjoy some mint tea and a cookie with you. Your teapot and your darling gifted bee teacup are causing me to have tea time envy!! LOL! We had record high temperatures here in the DFW area. I'm ready for some cooler Fall temps.
Your newest grandson is just adorable. Congratulations!!

Zaa said...

Welcome Home... to such a cosy spot to sit and enjoy tea ... You must be happy ....Your honey bee cup is delightful and I personally love lidded cups... Too cute !!!! Hugs

Antiques And Teacups said...

Good grief!!! 80's? Indeed here in the Pacific Northwest we are lucky to be in the 60s. An amazingly beautiful fall, isn't it??? I love your teapot and honey jar. S cute! Love your gorgeous porch! So cozy! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Deborah Montgomery said...

We are getting all the rain and cool temps here in Michigan! I love the bee cup and teapot, and your porch looks like a delightful place for tea drinking and bird watching.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Glad that you are home and are able to slow down and enjoy the comforts of home! What a cute set with the bees!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Glad that you are home and are able to slow down and enjoy the comforts of home! What a cute set with the bees!

My Cottage Diary said...

Thanks for following my blog, Kathy. I think once you get used to the particular flow of Austen's use of language (long sentences, old terms and words, etc., plus much of the time "I want" means "I lack" ...) you will enjoy her. To me no one writes as beautifully as she did. Be blessed! Bess

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Tea on your porch in the dappled shade looks cozy and the bee tea things are charming. I have honey in my afternoon tea every day and appreciate these insects as important pollinators in the garden.
Congratulations on your new grandson.

Gentle Joy said...

Such beautiful pictures... I visited your blog after you left a comment on mine. Nice to meet you.... I am your newest follower. :)

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hello, Dear Kathy - I think I would really enjoy such a lovely afternoon sipping tea on your sweet porch with your precious pooch! I love the tea set - so perfect for a little spoonful of honey, which I love in my tea. This is my first visit here, after you left such a sweet comment and I am so happy to meet someone from my neck of the woods. Yes, these beautiful early fall days are so lovely, but like you, I am missing the rain and I think my little forest is, too. Congratulations on your sweet little grandson! So nice to 'meet' you. xo Karen

Debbie said...

We are enjoying rain and very cool temps right now. Your 'bee' things are some of my favorites. By the way, who made those delicious looking cookies! I'll have one of those. :D