"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Saturday, December 13, 2014

All I Want For Christmas Is My Own Reindeer

 I love reindeer.
 Not just the ornaments I display around Christmas ,
 but real live reindeer.
Ever since I sat across the reindeer exhibit with my sheep in The Animals Of The World barn at our state fair, I have wanted real reindeer. I have been researching them for years , and maybe, just maybe I can convince Santa we should have at least a pair of reindeer ?

Oh well, I think that probably won't happen, but I do have a little wether ( castrated male sheep ) with 4 horns I have named Blitzen. He is very friendly. I' m going to make him a nice harness and train him for Santa. ( Note to self : start looking for small sled and keep a few more wethers. Comet, Cupid, Donder...)

"Now Dasher ! Now Dancer ! On Comet ! On Cupid ! On Donder and Blitzen ! To the top of the porch, to the top of the wall ! Now dash away ! Dash away ! Dash away all !  ~The Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore

8 comments:

Lady Jane said...

Love all your reindeer ornaments. You have a very lovely tree and everything looks so festive. Blitzen needs a sled for sure. I haven't been around for a while as hubby has been sick and it is hard to get around to all my blogging buddies but I do so wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

Debbie said...

I noticed the lovely collection on your tree. I'm always drawn to those that I see in the stores, but I know better than to start another collection! :D

Anonymous said...

I thought we saw a reindeer on our way to LaConner. It was in a field with it's owner. I got pretty excited. A fun wish...

Stella Jones said...

I agree that reindeer are wonderful. I'm not sure about keeping them though? LOL

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Love your collection of reindeer, especially the silver pair with curlycue antlers.

I 'love' my sheep and they are together by my chair.

Have a wonderful Christmas holiday ~ FlowerLady

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Kathy, I really enjoyed catching up on here this morning! I think that if anybody that I know should have real reindeer then it should be you.

Your house looks beautiful, as always.

Hugs,
Kathy M.

Unknown said...

OOh Kathy,
Real reindeer would be so awesome!! But some cute sheep would probably work too ;-)
Teresa,
sugar, spice and whatever's nice

Connie said...

In the town where I used to live, one Christmas someone brought in some real reindeer on the town square. It was really neat to get to see them there. :)