"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hold Fast & Remember...

Hold fast and remember "whether you are on the upper side or the underside of a storm...God will make a way. " R. Morgan
"Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. " Philippians 4 : 6,7 "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me." Psalm 50:15
"Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all." Psalm 34:19 "When God does not deliver overtly ( through a miracle) or covertly ( by providence) , He will deliver mysteriously with a deeper level of intervention than we can discern; in the end it will be better for us, though for a time we may be perplexed." Robert Morgan "..your faith should not rest on the wisdom of men but on the power of God."I Corinthians 2:5

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very comforting verses this morning Kathy. Beautiful photo; is it from your recent trip? Wishing you a blessed Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for stopping and leaving a comment. Abraham Lincoln was here at 7:56 AM

Connie said...

Lovely and reassuring scriptures today, Kathy. Thank you.

Karen said...

Kathy, Thank you for these verses. We cannot trust in man but we can trust in the power of God!

Anonymous said...

Good quote and verses!

Blessings,

Amy

http://goatpod2.wordpress.com

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for these beautiful verses. Philippians 4:6-7 has always been one of my favorites, and for some reason I think of it as a Valentine verse.

Your photo is stunning!

I appreciate you stopping by, and have entered you in tomorrows contest for leaving me a comment.

God bless,

Kathy M.

Dolores said...

Thanks for posting these inspiring and comforting scriptures!

Wow, the picture is gorgeous...love the clouds!!
Blessing to you....

KathyB. said...

Mildred, yes, this is a picture of me ( pointing) and one of my sisters. We were looking at the fast approaching storm clouds.

Abraham Lincoln,thank-you for stopping in, I have duly noted you were here!( I love your blog)

Daisy,sometimes a bit of calming reassurance is all that I need to gather myself and continue on, thank-you.

Karen, Amen Sister. Trusting in man leads to our need for trust in God.

Amy, thank-you again.

Oregon Gifts...thanks for entering me in your contest. I had never thought of that verse as a Valentines verse, now I will!

Dolores, thank-you. I love to see those kinds of clouds, and over the ocean are some of the most amazing cloud formations. They never fail to cause me to think about God and eternity.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome!

Blessings,

Amy

http://goatpod2.wordpress.com

Deanna said...

God bless you!
Holding fast and remembering...

d

Zuzana said...

Beautifully inspirational and comforting. We should not fear anything, just believe that all will be well. And then it usually is.
Thank you for your recent visit, I was happy to see you stop by.;)
xoxo

Lanny said...

What a perfect picture to go with good words!

Paula said...

Thank you, Kathy~ I needed these words today. My Hubby and I are facing something right now we have no control over, but we are leaving it in God's Hands.
Bless you, dear friend!

Kathy B said...

Hi Kathy! I just found your blog. I am also a Kathy B! We appear to have a lot in common. We both have grandchildren. I will be getting my first set of chickens soon so I may be asking you a question or two in the future. I'm also a Christian and live in Colorado. I'll probably have to add a "chicken" tab on my own blog as I enter into this adventure!

If it's OK, I would like to put your link on my blog. Mine is not a blogger blog so you will have to go here to see it -- so I can know if it's alright to link to yours. www.nequienttroll.com

Blessings to you this afternoon.

Verde Farm said...

What a wonderful post and so true. Thank you.
P.S.-I am so excited about my Valentine sheep :)
Amy at Verde Farm

Carol............. said...

I really need to read your post today...I feel much better..thanks