"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Royal Grafton Tea Cups

Pink! I would never have thought in years past that the color pink would appeal to me.
Isn't pink a pretty color for tea cups? The mint green isn't too shabby either, and is my favorite of the two. These are the two Royal Grafton teacups I own. They are very similar , even with the color difference they look to be a matched set to me. I have seen others very similar to these two on Ebay in other colors.I saw a blue one I especially like.
"Grafton China became Royal Grafton after being given a royal warrant by Queen Mary. Royal Warrants are a mark of recognition to individuals or companies who have supplied goods or services for at least five years. Warrants have always been regarded as demonstrating excellence and quality, and are highly prized." Peter Holland
"Royal Grafton,Fine Bone China, England "
"Royal Grafton Fine Bone China ceased trading in 1972. The trade name went on to become part of the Tams China group ( est.1874) which also failed ...going up for sale in January 2007." Peter Holland* "I like just plain tea" says Little 'T'. "No sugar or mint." I agree with her. Sipping tea out of a beautiful china tea cup along side a beloved granddaughter is a pleasure and a blessing. "...the Lord is gracious and compassionate." Psalm 111:4b I have linked with the ladies below for Tea Time Tuesday, please take a look at the tea cups and tea parties they beautifully display.

23 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Your teacups are lovely - so delicate and such pretty colours.
Liz

Anonymous said...

Little T looks very content with her cup of tea. Beautiful sets today Kathy. I especially love the pale green.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

wow! such lovely teacups! you got almost all the colours and they are just lovely! can't pick one as fave as all colours are lovely! thanks for sharing! have a great week!

Diann said...

The teacup and saucers are very pretty. I love both the pink and the green!

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there dear Kathy,

What a delightful teatime post this week!.., Your darling grandaughter looks just 'tickled pink' and so adorable amongst those very pretty teacups!~ I love them all!

Thanks so much for sharing this with us and for joining in the fun once again for TTTT and also with my 72nd, 'Tuesday Tea For Two', blog tea parties.

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

Snap said...

your teacups are lovely. pink does seem to be the *in* color, doesn't it?!!! love the green (my favorite color). Adorable grand child. happy tea day.

Keetha Broyles said...

"Awwwwww" to the little tea party with Gran!

Those tea cups are so delicate and so - - - so - - - well, so down right ROYAL!!!

Denise said...

Enjoyed joining you for tea.Pretty teacups,love the soft colors-so dreamy.Drop by anytime. Denise

Terri said...

Your Royal Grafton cup and saucer is so beautiful. I love the shade of pink it is, and all the lovely detail on it. The mint cup too is just amazing. They look beautiful together.
Thank you so much for sharing such great info about the company too. I love hearing all that.
Hugs,
Terri

Pondside said...

The pink and green together are so pretty - they just call out for a pretty summer afternoon tea party.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Kathy,

Oh, these are so dainty and beautiful. They remind me of special occasions or to use when you want to pamper yourself. Thank you for sharing!

Kathy M.

Connie said...

They're lovely, Kathy. The pattern and color make them look so delicate. Sweet picture of your granddaughter too. :)

Dolores said...

Hi Kathy.... the teacups are so pretty..... but the prettiest picture of all... is your precious and beautiful granddaughter!!
Hugs,

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Oh, I agree! Pink and mint green are lovely shades for a tea cup. Love your little one sipping her tea! blessings, Kathleen

Paula said...

Those are breathtaking, Kathy!! I love the mint green ones.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Kathy, your little "T" is just adorable! What a pretty little girl she is! I love your teacups! Pink and green are my favourite colour combinations! The mint is so delicate and the pink is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing them with us and thanks for coming by to have tea with me. I'm late making my rounds this week because I've been sick with the flu. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Denise said...

Thank you for your kind words.No,I didn't take the photo,it was a freebie from the P.C.Your sheep you make and the sheep you grow are so beautiful.I love both.

Concetta said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog - Concetta's Cafe - and writing such lovely comments! Your post is so exquisite - I just love, love, love your teacups and your blog!

The Kitchenettes' are the most amazing group of girls - pouring into the next generation is so crucial - I want them to be so inspired to serve the Lord with their whole hearts by loving and serving people!

I am looking forward to visiting all of your other blogs as well!
Have a blessed weekend and please come for tea again soon!

<><
Concetta

Mrs. Mike said...

Mmm. Pink!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Amy in Kentucky (on way back to Ohio).

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Kathy: I love the pink tea cups. I think sooner or later we all come to realize that we must have pink in our lives. Your cups are so lovely. I always enjoy seeing your Grandchildren. Blessings, Martha

Lady Jane said...

Thanks for the info on Royal Grafton. I agree with Little T, thats the way I like my tea too... Yes God is good to allow us the tea time with those little loves of ours.

Deanna said...

So very lovely! Gorgeous and I would feel extra special sippin' out of such delicate china.

Happy Valentine's Day to you,
d