"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Table-Top Snow Scene : Christmas Decorating

Our dining room table takes up a large part of our living space( by design ). A large table allows more people to sit together as they share a meal & fellowship. Because the table dominates so much space I like to decorate it too."Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart." Washington Irving

Often a pretty tablecloth, candles,or the food itself are the best centerpieces, but around Christmas I like to make a miniature world of Christmas and winter scenes to delight my grandchildren and myself. "The best gifts around any Christmas tree; the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other." Burton Hillis
The miniature forest scene on the table is part of our home's Christmas village scene, carried on into other parts of the house.You can see our little village on the buffet from here.


Santa's camp is in the little forest on the table too. ( He looks like my husband.) This is the table-top decor for this Christmas season, and one that allows little children and big kids alike to imagine a Christmas forest and even rearrange the figures if it suits them. Kind of an interactive table scene.( Don't forget the give-away, details posted in the side-bar.) "My idea of Christmas , whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others.Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?" Bob Hope

14 comments:

Deb said...

I love all the trees. They are simply gorgeous. Deb

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

It's so pretty and wintry looking. I like your white/silver theme.

LindaSue said...

you decorate so beautifully - hospitality is definitely one of your spiritual gifts!

Anonymous said...

I agree with LindaSue. Your photos make me yearn to enjoy your hospitality! Your snow villages/forest are just perfect!

Debbie said...

You have a lovely environment for Christmas or just all winter long. I envy you all your little trees, as those are not too easy to find and always kind of expensive. I like it all!
Debbie

Keetha Broyles said...


Love Santa in his hunting camp!

I also love peeking BEYOND your table and seeing all the festive decor all around your home!

Connie said...

I love your winter scene decorations, Kathy. I'm sure they are a delight to your grandchildren and other members of your family too!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such a beautiful winter scene. The trees are just wonderful!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GardenOfDaisies said...

I love the little forest there on your table! I LOVE trees, and they are all over my house.

Pondside said...

Somehow miniature villages are perfect decorations at this time of year. I love the little forest on the table - if I were a child I'd be longing to walk in it!

Dolores said...

I'm wishing I was a little bitty person to walk among your trees and village...It's so pretty!!
Hugs!

A. Joy said...

Really like the table center piece decor this year! The forest is perfect.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.