"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thursday Tea In The Garden

 Thursday tea in the herb garden is a time of sitting quietly, sipping the herb tea I brewed in my pink teapot, eating the crackers smothered in cream cheese blended with chopped chives and chive blossoms from this very garden while soaking up the sights, sounds and scents of spring in full bloom.
 "Tea is quiet and our thirst for tea is never far from our craving for beauty ." James Norwood Pratt
 "Doing nothing is respectable at tea. " Sasaki Sanmi
 After a generous tea time I walked around Cedar Pond checking out the gardens as I watered them. The garden shown above is the vegetable garden my husband plants and tends. The garlic, onions, strawberries , and peas are coming along quite nicely. The slugs have been giving him a hard time with the beans and lettuces. He has to re-plant them, dang those slugs.
 Our rhododendrons are amazing to see from a distance. These bushes are taller than me !
 "Tea is a divine herb." Xu Guangqi


"Perhaps it is while drinking tea that I most of all enjoy the sense of leisure. " George Gissing
Tea in my gardens is a blessing and a pleasure I don't take for granted. All I need do is brew a pot of my favorite tea , choose a pretty teacup, take them to the garden ,forget the weeding and garden chores for a short while , sit down and enjoy !

16 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The gardens look so beautiful, and everything is coming along. What a wonderful spot to enjoy tea. Have a beautiful weekend. xoox su

Vee said...

Tea in the garden...relaxing and peaceful. Has your husband tried edible diatomaceous earth to keep those slugs at bay? I use it on the ground to keep the grubs from coming up and on leaves, but not on flowers. The garden looks beautiful, organized, and oh so tidy, Someone enjoys gardening at your house!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Tea in the garden sounds nice, although down here iced tea sounds better at this time of year. The heat and humidity are here.

It does us good to just sit and take in the beauty that surrounds us. We get re-charged and can get up and go about our day.

Have a lovely holiday weekend ~ FlowerLady

Deb said...

Everything looks well cared for at Cedar Pond. Tea and crackers are one of my favorite things. I always enjoy coming here to share your tea-time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, Lovely photos today - so pretty in pink! Such a pleasure to visit Cedar Pond through your pictures. Wishing you all a nice weekend. xo

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Kathy, I am envious of your husband's well organized raised beds for veggies. I haven't left much room for food and a 2ft x 10ft plot is all I have. We have a bountiful farmers' market that starts in June so I buy what I don't grow from there.
Your rhodos are pretty in bloom and coordinate with the pinks of your tea table this week.
It really is nice to relax with a cup of tea and admire our gardens and achievements, isn't it?

Theresa said...

I just took a walk in my garden:) Nothing sweeter than seeing all of those blooms! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

A.K.W. said...

Beautiful pictures!

Amy

Connie said...

Such a pretty spot to sit and have a cup of tea! Your flowers are so beautiful!

Sonia said...

I love your pink teapot and your setting is so pretty. The vegetable garden looks amazing along with your beautiful rhododendrons. Rhodos don't grow here very well...I think our summers must be too hot. BTW we are looking forward to a visit to the Pacific Northwest in July. Seattle, Sequim and Vancouver Island are on the list. We are so excited..you truly do live in a wonderful area.

Nib's End said...

Chive blossoms? Can one eat chive blossoms? I have recently scratched out a small, sunny plot for herbs and have just planted chives. I will be mixing mine into cream cheese posthaste.

Your photos are lovely, but I have sat in your garden more than once and, I must say, that the experience is even nicer!

Lady Jane said...

What a great spot to have tea! I have so much more weeding and mulching to do... I want to sit in my garden and have tea and you inspired me to do that. Tomorrow I will take a break!!!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, what a delightful blog you have! I'm so glad you stopped by mine and intoduced yourself. I would truly enjoy sitting a spell with you in your lovely garden. God bless you today as you tend His good earth .

Stella Jones said...

May I join you for tea? I also like pink! The vegetables look wonderful Kathy and will soon be ready.
A beautiful time with tea to follow.

LA Murano said...

Ohhh, I want to join you for tea! I still have lemonbalm from last harvest...I'll brew!

Your garden is so lovely! Thanks for sharing it!

Thanks for linking up with Green Thumb Thursday. I hope to see you back again this week!

Lisa

Deanna said...

Beautiful!