- What are you wearing now ? Comfy black pants with comfy black , long-sleeved shirt.
- What is my biggest fear ? Spiders and harm to my family.
- Worst subject in school? Math, algebra, geometry...see a pattern here?
- Last person I hugged ? My husband, as he went to bed while I stayed in the study to blog.
- Last web sites visited on-line? Poultry sites , looking for Marans and Welsummers and Hoya propagation information.
- What is the last item you bought ? Dog food.(wow, so interesting)
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? England and Wales
- If you woke up tomorrow and were the opposite sex what is the first thing you would do and why? Call for an exorcist.....I would have to be out of my mind and in the grip of evil to have that experience......and if that didn't work, well......deal with it, shave and take command of the T.V. remote control.
- Has a celebrity ever influenced my own hairstyle? No, but if I see a celebrity picture of a hairstyle that would work for me I take it to the beautician as a picture of what I want. ( Sally Field's hair style and color work for me and are easy to keep up.)
- Most embarrassing moment? Still too embarrassing to talk about, hey.....embarrassing IS embarrassing!
- Last movie I watched ? Oh my, I think the last movie I watched was 'Wall-e' ( sp?) which I took the grandchildren to the theater to see.The current crop of movies has not appealed to me, and I have not seen any of the Oscar nominated or winning movies.( except Wall-e)
- If I had a whole day to myself with no work, committments, or interruptions, what would I do ? Putter around the place. Read a book for awhile, spin up some yarn, have lunch while I watch my chickens and sheep, play fetch with the dogs,watch the birds while I eat dinner, take a nap, then maybe read some more!( BTW , dinner and lunch would probably be brussels sprouts with cheese)
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Finishing Projects & Awards !
~The weather was so nice this weekend we painted our new dovecote. The landscaping of the area surrounding the dove pen is being drawn up by our beloved Son-in-law, husband to our daughter A.Joy. We are so happy to be done with the painting of the dove pen. This is where we originally had 4 trees and two of them came down through our first dove pen and also through our roof, destroying parts of our home. ~This is the side of the dove pen facing the pond. We plan on having arbors and grapes here as it gets full sun all year. This is also where my Hubby deposited the wheelbarrows of goat manure. There are a lot of rocks we have dug up and they will be used to build the wall around this future garden. ~This is the new duck pen. Very, very simple too. Our daughter and her husband gave us an old dog kennel. We put it in place of the older and coyote destroyed duck pen. Hubby put a new roof on the kennel and I lined the interior of the kennel with plastic coated chicken wire so raccoons and possums cannot reach through to literally pick the flesh off the birds inside.So, no roof access , which is how the coyotes got in before, no reaching to kill distance which is how the raccoons picked the poultry off . Hubby is finishing this off with waterers on the outside of the pen that allow the ducks to quench their thirst without mucking up the pen or leaving the birds vulnerable to predators. My new ducklings are due to be delivered via the U.S. Postal system in April and I intend to keep these ducks alive.I will talk about training ducks to pen themselves up in the evening in a later post. ~And now...ta dah! I received 2 awards! The first award is from Annie's Goat Hill ! Thank you Mary!This is the Premios Dardo Award and is given for "acknowledging the value that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical , or personal values every day." I am to answer 12 questions and replace a question I choose not to answer with a question of my choosing ( Mary's addition).
~I am presenting this award to my daughter A.Joy and friend Lanny.I await your answer to these questions and wonder if you will answer as I think you will!~
~This award is from Toni . Her blog is Raising Eden.Check it out! Thank-you Toni!!!~
Blessings: my Hubby, blogging friends who are encouraging and inspirational,a home I love to be in , productive work for my hands and heart