"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Laughing Dove Cafe' ~ View from The Porch

 My husband designed and built the grape arbor to the left of the photo. The scroll design reflects the scroll with the dove he crafted for the roof line of my dovecote. These two structures tie in with the kiwi arbor he built which is in front of the dove cote but not shown in this post. This is the view of the arbor and doves from the front porch.
 My husband built this nice big , sturdy table for outdoor gatherings in what we call The Laughing Dove Cafe'. You can see all the way down to Cedar Pond, in the right background of this picture.
 We have a  swing by the pond in front of the fire pit , along with some wood benches. There is a very large bullfrog that sits by the swing and I startle him into leaping into the pond  every time I go down there. You'd think he'd be used to me by now and know I am not going to kiss him to turn him back into the prince I know he must be. I already have my prince!
 Can you see the curved swirls my prince, my bee-keeper , put into this arbor? Can you see the bright yellow goldfinch perched in the grapevines growing around this arbor?

The ducks waddle by the arbor on the way to the pond. Another beautiful day in the Pacific Northwest, enjoying the beauty of spring and the many blessings my husband, my prince, my bee-keeper has given me. Blessings we share together. Thank-you Jim !

8 comments:

Paula said...

Beautiful, Kathy! I would imagine that is a very peaceful place to be!

Pondside said...

What a work of love that arbor is, Kathy. The curves are beautiful and I imagine that soon, as the vines fill out with the season, you will have lovely shade for your times at the Laughing Dove Cafe.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Kathy, it's lovely and I bet lots of lovely memories are made there.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Kathy, how lucky and blessed that you are to have such a handy husband. Your home and property are beautiful.

Kathy M.

Connie said...

It's very beautiful and peaceful there, Kathy. Your beekeeper is a very talented craftsman. Wishing you a happy Sunday. :)

Dolores said...

You DO have a prince of a husband!! I love the name of the Laughung Dove Cafe. Everything looks so beautiful and so inviting. I don't think I'd ever want to go inside, with all the beauty outside. I think I can hear the doves cooing or is it laughing.

Kim said...

What a lovely spot.

Anonymous said...

You two make a lovely couple and are an inspiration to us all. Everything looks so pretty this Spring. Hope you get a chance to sit by the pond with the real Prince!