"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Chicks Just Make Me Happy

 Two granddaughters spent a few days here with us and of course they loved holding and playing with my new chicks ( as in baby chickens ).
 How can you not love holding such tiny softness , such fragile beauty ?

You just try keeping these two out of the chick pen , no way... these two returned as often as I allowed to hold the baby chickens. Oh my, am I blessed ! Granddaughters to play with and baby chicks too. I hope you have special joys in your life, and I know you do. Just look around, see how your life has been blessed. No matter your set -backs , the tragedy and chaos you have suffered and maybe suffer even now, you can find even a small glint of light, of hope, of blessing. Bless you today as you travel on this journey of life and appreciate the every day things so many take for granted...a bit of food, a place to sleep, something lovely to look at and somebody who cares for you. You truly are blessed !

Me, my chicks make me happy, and my granddaughters make me happier , I am blessed !

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Truly the small things in life some times are the big things in life, don't ya think? Blessings to you and yours
Teresa
sugar, spice and whatever's nice

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Kathy, all your chicks are pretty chicks!

Sally said...

Your granddaughters are lovely and they will have special memories of time spent with you and the chicks.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What sweet photos!!

** No matter your set -backs , the tragedy and chaos you have suffered and maybe suffer even now, you can find even a small glint of light, of hope, of blessing. Bless you today as you travel on this journey of life and appreciate the every day things so many take for granted...a bit of food, a place to sleep, something lovely to look at and somebody who cares for you. You truly are blessed ! **

Thank you for those encouraging words.

FlowerLady

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I think every little girl, and some big ones too would want to hold a fluffy little chick in their hand.
Your granddaughters are sweet.

Deborah Montgomery said...

yes, you are truly blessed with those darling grandchildren. They must love grandma's place, and are making some wonderful memories. I agree; there are blessings around us every day; we just need to look and say thank You!

Pondside said...

Your little granddaughters are beautiful - I love the expressions as they hold the chicks. We are blessed, you and I. I appreciate the reminder in your lovely words.

Connie said...

These are such sweet pictures, Kathy. You are indeed blessed, and so am I. :)