"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Monday, February 27, 2012

Bee Tea & Quilt ~ Tea Time Tuesday

It is Tea~Time Tuesday again and I have missed joining in the fun lately. I have enjoyed being a part of this blogging party celebrating all things tea, so even though there were so many things I needed to get done today, I set them aside and brewed myself a pot of tea. Doesn't this bee-hive teapot with matching sugar & creamer make you smile? It is so sun-shiny happy during the cold, dark, days of February. Last week I just wanted to brighten things up and spread a cheery quilt made by the sewing & quilting ladies of Lacamas Community Center. ( they are now meeting at Ohop Grange)
I am showing you snippets and squares of the quilt that particularly celebrate bees.
Notice the detail of that tiny strip between the green & black fabric.
Did you think I would forget to show a teacup or two on Tea Time Tuesday? It was hard coming up with a teacup that fit in with the honeybee theme, but I like these not- too- delicate rose chintz patterned cups & saucers. Honeybees need flowers to make honey. A bright yellow teacup would be nice here too,maybe even better, but I still like the chintz for this setting.
Click onto the picture for enlargement.The teacups are Rose Chintz Gracie China, made in China. The two teacups are from a set of 4, and are perfect for tea parties with grandchildren. Real china, affordable, & dishwasher safe too.
Click onto any picture, it will enlarge and you'll be able to see the bees in the quilt squares.
It just makes me happy to see the quilt and teapot on my table, bee happy !
I am linking up with the ladies listed below for Tea Time Tuesday .
The teapot, sugar & creamer were purchased at Fred Meyer's just last week. How could I not buy such a happy trio, especially when my husband is a bee-keeper? "Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the mind and healing to the body." Proverbs 16:24

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect set for you, Kathy! I love the "bee" fabrics as well.

Paula said...

Your tea set makes me smile, Kathy~ especially the little bees that are on top of the tea pot and the creamer! So very cute.
And I love all of the quilts, they are so pretty.

A.K.W. said...

Very nice!

Amy

Donna Heber said...

Hi Kathy,

Your bee teapot is so adorable! I'm happy to be having tea with you this week. Enjoy -

Debbie said...

Dear friend, that teapot set and venue made me happy too! Along with sheep and gingerbread, 'bees' are right up there on my favorite list but I've never ran across anything a sweet as that set! I too would have snapped up that quilt! Bees among chintz....priceless :D
You, sweet lady, know how to serve tea!
Hugs, Deb

Veronica said...

Kathy,
I LOVE the Tea pot, sugar and creamer and the quilt! Makes me smile. Have a blessed day!
Veronica

Snap said...

Your honey tea set is too cute! I love the bright color. The chintz teacups are lovely. Everything looks so wonderful on your beautiful quilt. Happy Tea Day!

Connie said...

I love the cheery yellow bee set, Kathy. The quilts are lovely. It was fun to see all the ways bees were included. :)

Beth said...

Oh, my, talk about ADORABLE! Love your bee themed items!!!
God bless, Beth

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
So glad you've joined us today and shared your delightful honey bee set! They are very cute and whimsical and I love whimsy! Of course, you know I love your chintz teacups too. Wonderful quilts. I've always admired those who could make them. Thank you for joining me and have a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Stella Jones said...

How could I not bee happy after such a lovely post!
The quilt is gorgeous and such a great theme.
Love the teapot set.
I was surprised to see the china cups made in China! They looked English.

PastorGregO said...

I still remember when my Mom used to make us have tea time every Wednesday afternoon. It taught my brothers and I manners and we enjoyed the tasty treats that also came along with drinking tea!

GardenOfDaisies said...

So fun! I love your bee hive teaset!! And that quilt is perfect to go with it!

Betty said...

I love the quilting squares, but just adore your beehive teapot set.

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi KathyB.
this bee-hive teaset is just perfect for a lady with a beekeeper as husband. The sunny design makes happy, that is true. The whole table is so happy with the beautiful quilt. And the flower tea cups are just the right choice. Thanks for sharing and I wish you a good year with much honey.
Best greetings, Johanna

Belinda said...

Love the BEE theme....
I was weeding in my garden today.....the sun came out...YIPPEEE
My neighbours cat was with me, and was jumping trying to catch the bees who were buzzing around! Happy for a warm day at last in the UK!
Enjoy your tea, and your garden!
Love Belinda
XXX

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a great teapot! And it's perfect with your bee quilt. How cute!
Ruth

Dolores said...

I love, love, love how you've celebrated bees with the quilt tops.... my very favorite is the one with the little bee hovering over the pinkish/red flower.... it's so sweet.
Hugs,

Terri said...

Oh, I adore your new tea pot and sugar, creamer! What a great find. All the quilts are wonderful! Wow! As I am a bit of a Pooh Bear, I love all things honey. So your post is truly up my ally.
Your tea cups are perfect for bees and so pretty too!
Hugs,
Terri

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You have so many things with bees on, they're all adorable. Nice quilted pieces too.

rkbsnana said...

If I had to choose one word to describe this post it would be....pleasant. It gave me pleasure

Vickie said...

Kathy, I just love that bee quilt. Love bees, and all the color in that piece. The little bee tea set is precious, too - very springy - and I'm ready for spring!

Pondside said...

What a cheery tea time post! It is a jolt of sunshine in this sudden cold snap we're having. The ponds are frozen....at the end of February!

LindaSue said...

love the quilt and as always - your featuring bees pleezes me. If only my DH weren't so bee averse - I'd be trying to learn the apiary biz.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Kathy: I love the bee tea pot set. It is so pretty. I would love to have one. The quilt is also amazing. Thank you for stopping by and visiting. It is always a pleasure to hear from you. Blessings, Martha

Nancy M. said...

That tea pot is gorgeous! Love the details on it and especially on the quilts. The colors are nice and cheerful!

PeregrineBlue said...

this must be my favorite of your tea pots and tea sets. and so appropriate for the home of a beekeeper. i love the table runner too with all the patches and bumbling bees.

PeregrineBlue said...

this must be my favorite of your tea pots and tea sets. and so appropriate for the home of a beekeeper. i love the table runner too with all the patches and bumbling bees.

PeregrineBlue said...

this must be my favorite of your tea pots and tea sets. and so appropriate for the home of a beekeeper. i love the table runner too with all the patches and bumbling bees.

Farmgirl Cyn said...

So sweet, Kathy! I don't have any special tea cups or tea pots...just an every day one for every day use. But the darling ones you showed sure do make for a pretty cup of tea!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Kathy, these are so pretty; I adore bees as well and wanted to get a hive this spring. Maybe not this year, there's still too much grieving and other things to be done. Ah well.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Kathy,

Oh, that is such a cheerful and beautiful quilt! I enjoyed your theme of bees this week and your darling tea set.

Hope everything is going well on the yard clean-up.

Kathy M.