"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Almost Finished ~ To What End ?

Since last November our family has lost 2 beloved parents/grandparents.There has been a lot going on with family gatherings, and as most of you know, daily life still requires the dishes get done, the house is somewhat in order and clean, bills need to be paid.Since I do have a flock of sheep providing me wool with which I make items to sell to buy hay for the sheep, I am always finding myself going from project to project. I have quite a few Wee Little Sheep almost finished.
 
I have a lot of yarn being spun up, waiting to be dyed, and much more wool I am excited to begin spinning. The yarn is almost finished.
I have also set aside quite a few wool felted balls I made from the fleeces of my sheep to embellish with needle-felted designs, such as these ...
...and these. The bright flowers make me smile.The wool felted balls are almost finished. Two lockerhooked rugs are almost finished.
Of course, all my wool projects depend on wool from my flock of Jacob sheep, and several of my ewes are due to lamb anytime from now until mid-April. New lambs almost ready to be born.( this is a picture of a pair of my lambs born in 2011).
Tea time in Blog-Land is a delight for me too. I love Tea Time Tuesdays with all the tea blog parties,and love to participate in them.Lately I have been hit & miss with so many aspects of life I take delight in. That seems to happen when families come together during the extended illness or death of family members.All of a sudden, the routine and taken for granted aspects of our days are changed because more important things require our time and attention. Now though, there is a bit of respite. Time to again clean the house more thoroughly. Time to clean the animal pens and  plan this years' gardens.Time to work on projects needed to maintain order, earn money, or keep up a home . Time to sit with loved ones and simply enjoy being together, because we can. Time to take tea with maybe a cookie or two ( or three?).Time to reflect on life, it's joys, sorrows, blessings, and how fleeting it is.Each of us can truly say our lives are almost finished,even if we have another few decades.If I remember to live my life knowing I could die today, maybe I will be more careful knowing should I die today, any memories of myself I leave my family will reflect the values I exhibited in my day to day life. Will my almost finished projects and doings be all I leave behind, or memories of leaving the busy-ness of this life when it mattered to tend to more important things? Oh that I would be able to say "But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, in order that I may finish my course, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God." Acts 20:24

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Sunday Morning Kathy. Your projects are so very pretty. I also love your tea set with the bees.
I have been reflecting on many of the same thoughts as you as I sit with my mother's dear friend, Mary. Wishing you a blessed week.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

God first, family second and the rest of life follows. Kathy, as you know, having a blog takes enormous time and to respond to those who comment eats huge amounts of time, daily. Since Dave died, I've come to the realization I can't keep up; I can't do it all. I update about three, sometimes, four times a week and am so far behind in comments, I'm not trying to catch up because there's too much work to be done, especially in winter, in this bitter cold. Folks understand or they don't but I'm only in control of myself. Blog as you can/want/need; those who love you, including me, will always visit.

A.K.W. said...

Have a good day!

Blessings,

Amy

Kim said...

Love all your wool projects!

Shelley said...

Those sheep are adorable! Didn't know you had an Etsy shop, I'm going to check it out.

Timi said...

Those balls look great!!!
Have a nice Sunday!!!:o)

Pondside said...

Your projects are all so lovely, Kathy.
I hope life on Cedar Pond will settle for a bit and allow you the time to focus on what you really want and need to do.

A. Joy said...

Really love the felted wool balls this time! Better to keep busy than sit around with nothing to do!

Deanna said...

Sweet Blessings to you and may God comfort you each and everyday. Sweet picture of the babies.....they are adorable. You have a beautiful life and I always enjoy visiting your lovely blog. You are an inspiration!

I need some milder temperatures and sunshine....Winter is getting to me.
d

joanne said...

It looks like you have quite a few projects to fill the empty void right now. Soon the sunshine will be back and it will warm up and we will be in our own little heaven as we head back outside to dig in the dirt and smell the flowers. I hope the storms in your life have passed for now and you can take the time you are searching for. take care.

Connie said...

The felted balls with flowers on them are so pretty, and I love your little sheep too. Losing a loved one does make you sit back and take stock of how you spend your time and remind you that for all of us our time here is short. Hugs to you, Kathy.

Keetha Broyles said...


I'm so glad to hear you have some wee little sheep nearly ready to sell. I've had inquiries from SEVERAL bloggers who saw my post about mine and I've been sending them your way!!!

Dolores said...

Hi Kathy,
I understand the feeling of the loss we feel, on losing our loved ones. We're so blessed to have the promise of eternal life....

The babies from last year are adorable!!!

We still have the ball you sent us a couple of years ago.... the cat and dog absolutely love chasing and carrying it around the house!

Hugs!

Nancy said...

Loving your lil' sheep and felted balls -- you are so very talented and what a great way to subsidize your sheep feed. :)