"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Don't Let Your Heart Rot !

"...as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other , whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you." Colossians 3:12, 13
"Not forgiving will rot your heart ~ forgiving before you are asked will set you free." author unknown

4 comments:

Debbie said...

A verse for the wise. Could these pictures be from your Hawaii trip?
Debbie

Pondside said...

Such true words and often the ones that are difficult to follow - but following is freeing!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Forgiveness was the sermon at church today, Kathy. Your post is so timely, thank you.

KathyB. said...

Debbie, yes, they are some of my Hawaii pictures. The trip I took with my 3 younger sisters to celebrate our youngest sister's 50th birthday.

Pondside, I wrote this post for myself, to remind myself of this very basic principle of my faith, and the most freeing.He forgave me, how can I not forgive others?

Sandra ( Thistle Cove),as I grow older I am more & more thankful for His forgiveness, and the gift and grace of being able to forgive. I only hope those who I have hurt are able to forgive me...