"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sister's Birthday Luncheon ~ Rosebud Chintz

January, the month two of my three younger sisters celebrate their birthdays.My three younger sisters and I gather every year to celebrate our birthdays.This year I had the privilege of hosting the birthday luncheon in my home.I chose to use the Spode china I had just been given from my Aunt Ruby and cousin Christine. This birthday luncheon was truly a family affair.
My three younger sisters pose for me as I capture their images for yet another birthday celebration.
I arranged fresh flowers in the Spode gravy boat. The goblets are special, all 4 of us have these goblets and we bring them to all our birthday luncheons.
I deviled some eggs laid especially for me by my flock of chickens, and also bought some blue cheese stuffed olives. The bowl is almost empty though because I cannot resist them. A pound of these olives had dwindled dramatically by the time I actually put them out to share with my sisters.
Grapes, French bread generously slathered in butter & herbs...
...and my home made clam chowder. Clam chowder made WITHOUT potatoes ! I hate potatoes. I did cook up some diced potatoes to add to the chowder two of my sisters ate, but my youngest sister & I do not like potatoes. This chowder is chock full of bacon, mushrooms, clams, sour cream, butter. Not a diet lunch for sure, but this is the very best clam chowder I have ever eaten, and I think I could have easily eaten the whole super big crock pot of this all by myself if given the chance. But, I shared, because after all, it was not my birthday.

The birthday girls, my two youngest sisters.Of course they had their birthday crowns on, and they were having too much fun, but on your birthday fun is the name of the game. Fun and cake !

My teacup / coffee cup for this TeaTime Tuesday is my Rosebud Chintz, by Spode.
I am linking to the gracious tea ladies listed below. Please check out their blogs and enjoy the many variations of tea times from all over the world. Don't forget to have a cup of tea to sip while enjoying your vicarious travels.Maybe you too will decide to share your teacups and tea times.You need not go online to share your hospitality, simply share a cup of tea with a friend or family member, and remember you're all the more blessed for this time.

Check out these Tea-Time Tuesday blogs:

  1. Terri at Artful Affirmations *
  2. Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage *
  3.  Martha's Favorites *   
  4. Lady Katherine's Tea Parlor *
  5. Antiques & Teacups *

16 comments:

Deanna said...

Dearest Kathy,
Lovely time to celebrate!
You are a blessed Lady to have sweet sisters and such a nice gathering.
God bless!
d

Eggs In My Pocket said...

What a lovely setting for birthday gatherings! It all looked so great!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

How wonderful to have sisters birthdays close together! Every thing looks so lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, Such sweet and treasured times with sisters and the china is so special. The food looks delicious.

C.T. said...

Looks like fun and so bright and colorful! I think I should get my brothers together for birthday lunches with teacups and saucers - what do you think? :) Like seeing you all together.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Birthday to your sisters! Looks like it was a wonderful celebration, crowns and all! I LOVE your chintz Spode china. Oh my, it is gorgeous! I don't think I have seen it before. Thank you for sharing this happy time with all of us here in blogland, and for coming to tea. Have a beautiful day, Kathy.

Blessings,
Sandi

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a fun and very special time! Love the china...I think so everytime you post. LovelY! What a wonderful gift! I think it's so fun you all live close enough to celebrate this way. Love the shared goblets! The menu looks yummmy! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

LindaSue said...

Happy Belated birthday and how wonderful to have sisters who are not only family but friends! Beautiful - you set the prettiest tables - love the Spode!

camp and cottage living said...

Kathy
You have lovely sisters. It looks like you enjoy your time together.
It reminds me of when I once was able to celebrate b'days with my sisters. We live far apart now, so I miss those days greatly!

Terri said...

Hello Kathy,
Your sister's birthday tea is lovely! Family get togetherness are so precious! You all look wonderful, and so does your table setting. What a beautiful chintz pattern! Gorgeous dishes! What a gift from your aunt and cousin!
Hugs,
Terri

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

What a fun sister birthday party, and that clam chowder looks so delicious!

Kathy M.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

A birthday celebration is no time for a diet, Kathy -smile-. It looks like the sisters had a wonderful time; what treasured memories.

Pondside said...

I haven't celebrated a birthday with both of my sisters for many, many years. I can't even remember the last one, but it would have been when when one of the younger two was a teen. So long ago. I enjoyed reading about the celebration and the care you took to make it so much fun.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Hello Kathy!
I'm swooning with your lovely china, Rosebud Chintz...it's to die for!! What a great birthday you girls had and many blessings too! The food looks wonderful..wish I had been there, as right now I'm craving for those sweet things! I love your blog, so I just became your newest follower! (ONLY if you wish, you can follow back)
FABBY

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

What a lovely lunch and tradition for the birthdays. How I wish I had a sister that loved tea as much as me.

Linda Jennings said...

What a great celebration with sisters! I love your Rosebud Chintz.