"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Cozy at Home ~ Stormy Day Crafting

Tuesday tea time in November is usually a quietly busy time . It is raining ferociously outside so I am sipping hot tea as I craft indoors. Listening to the high wind gusts and knowing the huge trees surrounding Cedar Pond  are rooted in very soggy soil and prone to topple over bringing down power lines gives me cause to consider my preparation for power outages , frequent events for us during the fall and winter season.
I have water for drinking , candles, flash-light, battery powered radio, plenty of food, and crafting to keep me busy indoors. Yes, we're ready . The lights have already flickered a few times and finishing this post today is even in question if the power goes out .
I am working on a different type of Wee Little Sheep . I decided after many years of making at least a thousand little sheep I would have some fun changing things a bit and experimenting. I am giving some of them horns , spots, and different facial markings . More like my real flock of Jacob Sheep.
I have been doing a lot of spinning wool too, especially when I watch television with my husband. When I am spinning wool I can justify just sitting around because I am still getting something productive done .

The winds have picked up , I can hear them outside as I work and blog. I am going to make another pot of black tea now and shut down the computer before the power goes out. I hope you're having a cozy tea time indoors and I will catch up with my tea-time friends after the storm passes by, hopefully tonight ! I am so blessed and thankful to be cozy at home while the storms rage by. Please check out the links below as you sip your tea , cozy at home.
http://blog.bernideens.com/
Bernideen ' Tea time Cottage and Garden Blog Party. *

19 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
Those wee sheep are simply adorable! What fun you must have creating them. They have such cute faces. Your chintz teacup is so pretty and on these cold blustery days it is wonderful to cozy up next to the fire and sip on a cup that warms the innards.
I hope you didn't lose your power. I'm glad you enjoyed my post about my Granny's pancake jug. I'm a very sentimental gal. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful rest of the week.

Autumn blessings,
Sandi

Deb said...

What a pretty tea-cup, Kathy. I love to see your sheep in the photos. I am excited to hear there are 'new' ones this year. I will order some to join my little flock. Hugs, Deb

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love your new little sheep, Kathy! It looks so cozy and creative there!

Margie said...

The sheep are too cute! I enjoy cozying up with a cup of tea during stormy weather too.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I bought some chai teabags yesterday as I am in the mood for afternoon tea.

I love my pair of sheep and I also love the ones you are creating with horns and I look forward to seeing the ones with spots. I just think these are such happy little creatures and they express a certain calmness too.

Love your hand dyed pinky yarns. WOW! You always inspire me dear Kathy.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week ~ FlowerLady

Beth in NEPA said...

Those tiny sheep are so cute!!!! I agree about stormy days, a good time to settle in and do what you enjoy!

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Wonderful images, Kathy! I love the colours of your teacup and the wool and the little sheep are incredibly cute.
Where I live, power outages are unfortunately frequent events during all the year, if the winds are strong. :)
Stay warm!

Bee Lady said...

I love the sheep! Last night at Spinning group someone was making mice. I'm enjoying tea right now as the wind howls outside. I hope you have a generator so you can stay warm!


Cindy Bee

Tea in the Library said...

Okay. SO we know I am completely captivated by your sheep and have a nice little flock.
When I saw the Jacob's sheep I SWEAR my eyes just about rolled back in my head out of sheer sheep collecting exstacy.Know where my 'fun money' is going this week!

Tea in the Library said...

Oh! Any chance you will make a Sheppard for the flock?

Debbie said...

I love your new sheep! I fully understand about the wind. We've had some crazy weather the last 2 week. One night within an hour we had 50 mph gusts, a severe thunderstorm alert and a tornado watch. Luckily there were no twisters, but it was disconcerting.
Our ground is not soggy, but these old 100 year plus trees are falling apart. It's supposed to snow this weekend.
Crazy stuff! Hope you trees remain upright!

ellen b. said...

Cute Sheep! What a storm that ripped through! We lost power for 24 hours! So happy to have it back on again...

janice15 said...

Such sweet little sheep... And I wished I was able to spin your yarn looks lovely. Sweet teacup and I hope you are warm and cozy and everything is ok, blessings with love Janice

Lady Jane said...

It is nice to be warm and cozy in your home doing your thing. I love that tea cup. I will have my spot of tea later today. I enjoy the whole ritual of making a pot of tea and enjoying it. I love your little sheep. Hugs, LJ

Connie said...

Kathy, I love the horns on your wee sheep! You are so wonderfully creative and talented with your craft work.

Lisa Smith said...

I love your new sheep,Kathy! The additions of the horns and the spots are so nice. It is very comforting to be inside when the wind is howling outside. Just outside of Portland (Oregon) where I live, stands a Century Tree near my front door. I love the shade it provides in the summer, but worry about it in the wind!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Lisa in Lake Oswego

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Ohhh, your sheep are so adorable. What fun you must have creating them. By the time one is complete do you name it?

Stay warm and cozy and dry.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, I have computer access this a.m. I always love to "have tea with you here on the blog." It's so nice to see your lovely tea cups and nice that crafting is enjoyed on stormy days indoors. Sending love and prayers to you and yours this Thanksgiving week. I am thankful for your friendship. xo

Deborah Montgomery said...

Love the new sheep! So whimsical and full of character! Isn't it a good feeling to be prepared for storms and power outages, knowing you can stay busy and cozy at home?
Have a Happy Thanksgiving Kathy, and enjoy your family. xo Deborah