"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Hanging Out, Giving Thanks


I spent last week bathing and prepping chickens for a poultry show. This is Lil' Blue , a bantam ( small ) self-blue mottled d'Uccle hen. I entered her and her mama in a show mostly because I love hanging out with the people who raise and show poultry. A few of those people are related to me or are long time friends. I have a lot of fun hanging out with chickens and the people who keep them.
 
I will be spending the next 10 days hanging out with family because my daughter and her kids want me around with them on a major holiday experience. My goodness, they want to hang out with me ! Well, I want to hang out with them too. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. When I am done having so much fun with my daughter and her kids I will be posting a give-away for the holiday season.
 
Thanksgiving = giving thanks ! "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all ye lands. Come unto the Lord with Thanksgiving." Psalm 100

10 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Have a wonderful time with family on your trip dear Kathy.

I think being around chickens would be interesting and entertaining.

Love, hgs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

El Desván de la Gata Perezosa said...

Hola! me gusta bastante tu blog, te sigo desde hace tiempo, un abrazo desde España, ven a mi blog a ver si te gusta, quédate en el.

ellen b. said...

Have a joyful time in this thankful season!!

Deanna said...

DEAR KATHY,
Thanksgiving Blessings to you and yours!
I can hardly believe Thanksgiving is this week.
That is a very stylish chicken you have there.
May you have a wonderful week,
d

Theresa said...

Thanksgiving blessings to you and your family! Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way today!

Connie said...

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Kathy!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Now that's a good lookin' chicken! Did you win any ribbons? My youngest grands showed chickens one year, but went full hog showing the next and have done that for four years. I hear one now wants a goat...fun, fun!

Stella Jones said...

I always love to see your chickens Kathy. Have a wonderful time with your family and be sure to come back and tell us all about it!

Mizumatte said...

I found your blog today and like very much what I´m reading and I adore those little sheeps blessings Jaana

LesleyAnn said...

One of my closest friends raises chickens and turkeys. I LOVE going to her house and sit outside listening to the poultry do their thing. It's so peaceful and serene.