"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Friday, October 3, 2008

Spot of Sweetness and Reward, Baking Cupcakes

~~~This is Candy Cat. Candy Cat is a small cat with some physical problems, but she is not aware her problems are indeed PROBLEMS. She is unable to do many things, and her eyes do not dilate properly , nor do her claws retract, but she is a happy cat and very easy to have around. I bring her up in today's post because she was a Christmas gift from our grandchildren and the granddaughter who loves her to pieces stayed with us for 2 nights and 3 days JUST FOR FUN ! Candy cat was snuggled and loved by #2Granddaughter in between all the playing and baking and arts and crafts !~~~#2 Granddaughter (below) is cracking open the eggs for the lemon cupcakes she and I are baking. She chose the cake mix and she told me cracking the eggs open is her favorite part of baking. ( I think tasting the batter is really her favorite)
~~~She is carefully scraping the sides of the bowl while the mixer does it's magic.~~~ "The torch of love is lit in the kitchen."Anon.
~~~Look at the concentration on her face as she carefully fills each paper cup with batter.~~~ ~~~While the cupcakes bake she is working on a sheep she is making. She and I spent the evening before making sheep. I make little sheep to sell at bazaars. I think she will be a future business partner. Last night she was my 'glue girl', and a very good glue girl she is.She did all the gluing, a step that takes a little extra time, so she saved me some time and labor. But, here she is working on her own sheep. (below) ~~~The cupcakes are out of the oven. We could not resist. We ate warm cupcakes without frosting. She has peppermint tea with hers and I had fresh coffee. She insisted on us using the pretty butterfly teacups. (below)
~~~"If the divine creator has taken pains to give us delicious and exquisite things to eat, the least we can do is prepare them well and serve them with ceremony." Fernand Poins ~~~
~~~Hubby and #2 Granddaughter frosting cupcakes. Well, Hubby was frosting his own cupcake. Hubby comes from a family that believes dessert IS the meal, and I believe the quote below is their family motto , actually, I think they believe life IS dessert !~~~
~~~"Life is unsure, always eat your dessert first."~~~
~~~Here is the cupcake our granddaughter made for me. She made little fairy toppers and wanted to make sure I kept this one. I think I will eat it for breakfast. Thank-you Granddaughter. ~~~I count it a privilege and a blessing to be able to do special things with children. Even better that I have grandchildren to have fun with. It takes so little to make a child happy, read a story together, bake together, color in a coloring book or play a game together. Sing silly songs or do jumping jacks together.Pick up colorful leaves, or cuddle in the rocking chair while you watch a special movie together. ~~~This verse from the Bible is one I take to heart and believe God is pleased to grant us here on earth. "Here is what I have seen to be good and fitting: to eat, to drink and enjoy oneself in all one's labors in which he toils under the sun during the few years of life which God has given him; for this is his reward." Ecclesiastes 5:18 And I believe sharing time with the grandchildren borne of the children Hubby and I had in our youth is a true reward from God.

6 comments:

Jo said...

What a beautiful girl she is. Omigosh! Gorgeous!

I don't get to see my grandchildren as often as I would like, because of their cantankerous mother. *sigh* She considers me the black sheet pf the family. *heh* I am really the most boring person I know! But I cherish the time I do have with my munchkins.

Tell hubby I agree, dessert IS the meal.

Anonymous said...

She is too cute! And so is candy cat! And now I have a craving for a cupcake! :)

Connie said...

How sweet--the cat, the cupcakes, and the granddaughter all! :D Simple pleasures give us so much. There's a lot of joy in this post, Kathy. Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! It's wonderful that you spend time with her in the kitchen, she will never forget it.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Candy cat is such a cutie! And what a sweet little grandchild you have! She did a great job on the muffins. You are blessed! blessings, Kathleen

KathyB. said...

Jo, I seriously doubt you're boring, and if you are the most boring person you know, then you must have some darn interesting folks to hang out with!And if you're the black sheep of the family, then that really makes you the most interesting of people .

Jennifer, Daisy, Noble Pig and Kathleen ! Thank-you. Candy and #2 Granddaughter are pretty special, and the cupcake I had for breakfast was delicious...must have been all that extra love baked in that added the special touch !