"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's Not Just About the Decorations

~O.K. , here I am...busy, busy, busy ! I am making more little sheep, I am baking, cleaning, caring for my animals. I have begun warping my loom ( threading ) for a project I am excited to weave. I have been shopping, shopping, shopping and I have lists of things to get done ! Oh boy , oh boy, oh boy !It's Christmas.....I love it! But it is barely December and I have been too busy to remember why I celebrate this time of the year. Yes, family togetherness and traditions are very important...but you know the old cliche', I have been taking the "Christ out of Christmas." ~So I took time to think, and reflect ( while I was warping the loom, a long process which allows me to think while I thread numerous heddles ) and I remembered this song . Hope you like it!

9 comments:

Candy Duell said...

It sounds like your starting the month off with a bang! Your little sheep are darling, they are very cute.

What project are you starting on your loom?

LindaSue said...

Love that song - there is a version of it that is very Latin in flavor (as in Caribbean not ancient Rome!) Wonderful reminder - the Savior of the World incarnate - definitely worth celebrating. Your December sounds wonderful - thanks for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite songs. I have not viewed this particular video before and it is so powerful. Thank you and God bless.

Your RE Broker said...

I love that song and the video is perfect for it! Thank you for sharing it!

Paula said...

Love the song! Thanks for sharing, Kathy!

KathyB. said...

Candy, I am weaving some fabric I intend to make purses from.

Linda Sue, I have not heard the Latin version of this song....I pretty much like all the versions I have heard so far though !

Mildred, I love this song. We have a lady in our fellowship who used to sing it for us, wish we had recorded her.

AMC, Thank-you ! This song AND video make me cry...and I love the way it ends with Jesus beckoning TO us.

Farm Chick Paula, thank-you.

Flower said...

Those sheep are sooo cute!! It really is sweet how you have used them! Have a wonderful month celebrating the true meaning of the season!!
I do not sell my wreaths...it's not that much fun to make them! :)
We only make a few for others to enjoy!

Connie said...

Wonderful song, Kathy. It is so good to hear it and be reminded of the reason we are celebrating and all so busy busy this month. A bit of quiet time and reflection are very good, I think.

Anonymous said...

I am in love with your sheep, those faces and fur just tickle me.