"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Spot of Tags and Winter Scenes

~Window- sill scene~~I have been tagged by FLOWER. ~
~This is an interesting tag. Just open the 4th picture folder on your computer, then open and post the 4th picture in that folder, and then tag 4 more people to do that and inform them and the person who tagged you . My 4th picture folder only had 1 picture in it so I went on to the next folder with 4 pictures. This is a picture of #2 Granddaughter last spring with a newborn ram lamb. Aren't they cute ? I am tagging A.Joy at Home,
Lanny fromIt's The Dirt, Mildred of Nalley Valley. The fourth person can be either of two sisters, Anna and Bet of Terriers and Tabbies and Paddle in the Pond.
It should be fun to see what the 4th picture might be that these people have in their 4th picture folder.I was kind of pleased to remember my granddaughter holding that cute little lamb.
~Now, I have not forgotten I was given a Meme by Mildred quite awhile ago and for one reason or another did not fulfill my Meme duties.Sorry Mildred! So here is the Meme and the rules.1.Link to the person who tagged me. Mildred of Nalley Valley. 2. Post rules of meme. 3. Write 6 random things about me. 4.Tag 6 people 5.Let each person know they're being tagged and leave a comment on their blog 6. Let the tagger know you have posted their entry. ~1 random thing about me: Believe it or not, I hold this to be my ambition; "and make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we commanded you; so that you may behave properly toward outsiders and not be in any need." I Thessalonians 4:11,12 ~2. I love birds..all kinds of birds. 3. I spend a lot of time watching the birds, and probably too much money feeding the wild birds. 4.I prefer brussel sprouts to ice cream. 5.I love the smell of roses. 6. I lived in Hawaii for 3 years and learned the Hula.( not well) I am offering this tag to all who would share 6 random things about themselves...please friends, share a bit of yourselves. ~The pictures are from the last 2 snowy days. I have been hauling a LOT of wood to feed our wood stove . It has warmed the house so well the furnace has not kicked in for almost a week. And we do have a lot of firewood thanks to the storm of 2 winters ago. I am also filling troughs by bucket as the hoses are all unhooked and the outdoor faucets are wrapped to prevent freezing and bursting. I plan on spending the rest of this week baking, wrapping gifts, getting ready for the family Christmas party and the special event Hubby has planned. I have a weaving project on the loom and some felting and locker hooking in progress. I love winter days I can stay home. ~Imagery from the book of Job about winter and snow.This is God asking Job "Have you entered the storehouses of the snow, or have you seen the storehouses of the hail," " From whose womb has come the ice? And the frost of heaven, who has given it birth ? Water become stone, and the surface of the deep is imprisoned." Job 38:22,29,30

11 comments:

Lanny said...

I love the winter scenes, but I also love the picture of your grandaughter with a lamb. It makes me think of our days that are ahead of us and I am looking forward to them.

I will attend to the tagging tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of me. I like writing assignments, it hones the skill set. I need to get my writing blog back up. I abandoned it after the computer mishap, when I lost a boat load of writing notes. I am looking forward to the time to do that between seasons!

Anonymous said...

Morning Kathy, Your granddaughter is just precious! I enjoyed reading your six random items - we have many common interests/desires. This coming summer when our roses are blooming, I will remember that you love the scent and email you a picture of the blooms with a desription of all the different fragrances!!

Connie said...

Kathy, I love the snow pictures with the contrasting red berries. They look very Christmasy! The photo of your granddaughter is very precious. Such a sweetie the way she is cuddling that lamb! That made me smile. I enjoyed reading your six random things too! :D

Paula said...

Wonderful post, Miss Kathy!! I love the verse that you posted... it would be a wonderful world if we ALL would let that be out ambition!!
I too love my birds...*sigh* probably too much...
I've been tagged to do the 4th picture, too... I hope it's not one of me!! YIKES!

LindaSue said...

Lovely post - the picture of your granddaughter with the baby ram is delightful and how sweet it is to be reminded of little moments of joy. You are quite settled in for the fortnight of Christmas preparation and celebration - we are very quiet here but savoring some sweet times.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Just dropped back by to wish you a merry Christmas and many blessings for the new year! blessings, Kathleen

Your RE Broker said...

Brussel sprouts over ice cream??? Wow! I would have never guessed. :) I particapted on my blog...I did the 4th photo thing to even though you didn't tag me.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

This may be the first time to your blog ... (I visit a lot of them)
Very impressed by your photos and writing. It's like coming home!
Hello from Minnesota,
Eric "SpeedyCat"

Jo said...

I just love coming over to your blog and looking at your pictures. You have just about the most perfect life! It's wonderful!

Your granddaughter is a little doll... :-)

Are you staying warm? Brrrrr, it's c-o-l-d...!

KathyB. said...

Lanny, yes! I too was remembering how much I love lambing and the lambs! And that time is so soon! Your family's 4th pictures should be interesting.

Mildred, thank-you. I particularly love the smell of the older roses, the ones that aren't so flashy but scent the air all around them.

Daisy, those little berries just pop right out against the white, don't they ? And kids and baby animals, it usually doesn't get much cuter.

Farm Chick Paula, I was wondering what my 4th picture could be..I have some very strange pictures stored in my files since I began blogging. Crooked chicken feet,apple peelings, people posing with horns on their heads....
Linda Sue, I think things might be a bit more quiet than expected because of the snow and icy roads, we might not have the gatherings we had planned for. Then there are the high wind warnings for the weekend, gusts up to 75 miles per hour. That is what destroyed our house in 2006, yikes!

Kathleen, thank-you!

AMC, I read your post today, and I liked learning new things about you! A model, a dancer, a Wife and Mom. I think I know which 'occupation' you prefer!

Speedcat Hollydale, wow, I like that name. I will have to check out your blog, and thank-you for the compliment!

Jo, thank-you. Yes, I am staying warm, the wood stove has been keeping us warm and toasty now for a few days. The house actually warms up better and stays warm, almost too warm with the wood stove than it does with our furnace. But the stove takes a lot more work to keep going.

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm said...

Love the Bible verse; it was on one of my blog sidebars a while back. Your photos are a delightful if winter and, for me, Christmas.