"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Friday, April 10, 2009

The Easter Bunny Brought You?

~Oldest son with his four daughters in front of new home.~
~Another birthday for you oldest son! Oldest , but NOT old. Three decades plus do not make you old, but definitely mean you are an adult..and able to do very well for yourself. Well for yourself in spite of what life might have brought others to despair. You are blessed beyond imagination! You have four very lovely and loving daughters. You have the love and respect of your family. You have the knowledge that you have served your country well and loved your brothers in arms well and love your Savior well. You have the knowledge of the Word, that has enabled you to persevere through trials and tribulations that could have brought you so low you would not survive...but you have! Happy Birthday son!!!
~David, our oldest son ( left )~
~You were born on Easter weekend, I spent Easter in the hospital cradling my newborn son in my arms. I remember thinking how very much I loved you and for the first time the beginning of comprehension of the love one has for a son , and the knowledge that God sacrificed His own, PERFECT and BLAMELESS Son for me was truly a sacrifice...I do not think I would sacrifice you for a just man, let alone sinful and undeserving men. Yet, He did. I know I would give my life in an instant to save you, your brother and sister, but to give you up for others? No! ~I remember thinking too , that there was a chance you or your brother would be called to fight in a war...how could I ever cope with that?To have a son who is a warrior..like my father? And then I thought about Mary, the mother of Jesus? She watched her own son, the Son of God, be crucified...what anguish and grief she must have endured. Her son was perfect and blameless...yet I know I love you and your brother and sister so much I would rather die than have such an awful thing happen...And here you were, a Marine, called to battle and war. Your father and I prayed for you and you came home from the battlefield in Iraq to another battle and war. One to save your daughters...and you have remained steadfast for them. Steadfast in your love. Do not ever, EVER minimize your importance in their lives, or the lives of your family. Do not forget Who has spared you and kept you safe. Do not ever cease praising Him who has made you and called you to Him!
~Happy Birthday son ! We love you!~
Blessings: sons, daughters, God's Son, birthdays

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Thank you for sharing that with us as well. What a sweet family God has given you. Even the hardships that you experience now will only serve to strengthen your resolve in Christ. Blessed Easter, Kathy!

Anonymous said...

I would like to add my wishes for your son's happy birthday and my appreciation for his service to our country. I would like for him to know that he and his children remain in my prayers. I wish you all Easter blessings.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Kathy, how BLESSED you are to have such a fine son and family! Please tell your son 'Happy Birthday' and 'thank you for serving'. Then, ask him to give his girls a big hug for me -smile-.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your son!

A. Joy said...

Happy Birthday little brother!
I am very proud to have you for my brother and friend. You make us all laugh and that is a great gift!
I know this will be a much better birthday for you than some in the past few years!

Connie said...

Wishing your son a happy birthday full of blessings, Kathy, and wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter weekend. :)

KathyB. said...

I told my son to read this post, he thanks you for the well wishes! So do I.....

Boy, when my kids start to reach middle age I know time has gone swiftly by!

Lanny said...

That was a nice post for David very serious, but I am still giggling over the title. I was wondering if there were many Easters when he was little where he thought it was for his birthday, like Bet thought the fireworks were all about her. I hope he had a really good birthday.