"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Monday, April 6, 2009

Welcome Spring!

~My new favorite work shoes! My favorite color too. They are dirty because they are WORK shoes. And easy to kick off when going indoors with armloads of stuff, like firewood, baskets of eggs, and groceries. I saw an episode of "What Not To Wear" where Clinton and Stacy were not too kind about a lady who wears these cheap clogs all the time, but I have got to tell you...they are comfortable, durable, and if your life involves a lot of animal and gardening type activities, these and rubber boots are the best foot wear ever!So, once in a while I actually wear these while shopping for groceries....but please do not tell Clinton and Stacy. I don't want these tossed out.I wore them all day today. ~Today was truly the kind of spring day poems and songs are written about! Our beloved Son (in-law) came over to fill his truck with goat manure for the family gardens and he brought 2 of our granddaughters along. Oh joy! They asked Grandpa for a boat ride around our island and he obliged...happily. Yes, the boat needs a scrubbing,and I will attend to it soon. But look at the two sisters smiling in the back seat of the boat. The boat ride around our little island was too short a trip for them and they would have loved Grandpa to spend a lot more time in the boat on the pond...maybe another day!Yes, for sure another day. ~After the granddaughters and their father left, Hubby and I gardened. I cleared more storm downfalls out of our woods for burning, and later, thoroughly exhausted- we sat together on the porch in our rockers and enjoyed watching the hummingbirds at their feeders and the sheep all peacefully sunning themselves in our surprisingly warm and sunny day! Thank-you Lord for your blessings abundant!

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Making memories! It sounds lovely. It rained all day here yesterday and snowed last night. But the robins are singing their hearts out this morning before the sun comes up so I know that Spring is out there just beyond the clouds.
And I have dark blue shoes like yours that hose off for garden wear. They are extremely popular and yes, I have worn them out! ;)

Shelley said...

your granddaughters are beautiful - you can see how happy they were to have a little boat road!

Anonymous said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY IT LOOKS LIKE. YOUR GRANDDAUGHTERS' GLEEFUL FACES TELL THE STORY WELL. WISH I COULD WEAR WORK SHOES LIKE YOU HAVE - MY FEET ARE VERY NARROW AND I JUST WALK RIGHT OUT OF THEM INTO THE MUD! WE ARE HAVING VERY STRONG WINDS TODAY SO I KNOW I WILL BE PICKING UP LIMBS AND PINECONES BY THE END OF THE WEEK. HAVE A NICE DAY KATHY!

Lanny said...

Yesterday was great wasn't it? Your tulips are very early! Or all of mine are incredibly late.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures Kathy!

noble pig said...

The weather has been beautiful! The pictures are wonderful!

Southern Comfort said...

That sounds like a perfect day. I envy the fact that you can take a boat ride on your property,visit with family and watch the sheep. I would have loved to have been there.

Sandy said...

Hi Kathy,

What adorable little girls. It must be so fun to have a pond and a little boat to row upon it! Don't tell on me either but I have a pair of those shoes for outdoor work too and love them, easy to rinse off, slip on and off, and mine are green! It sounds like you had an enchanting day. I hope you have a blessed Easter.

Mary Humphrey said...

I just caught myself releasing a huge sigh. We are seeing rain, sleet and snow today, nothing sticking. I truly enjoyed reading about your girl's visit, your pond and time on your porch.

Lanny said...

Kathy go to http://www.cakespy.com/ and checkout their post on Easter candy, thought of you instantly!

KathyB. said...

Mrs. D, we have excellent taste in work shoes, don't you think?

Shellmo, thank-you. They love hanging out here at grandma and Grandpas' , and it is nice to be able to play by the pond or float a small boat in it. Or catch frogs, tadpoles, ....

Mildred, I always wanted narrow feet. All the most stylish shoes are for narrow feet. So you too have cleanup after big winds ? It is kind of fun to clean up that kind of windfall as long as the trees themselves don't fall over.

Lanny, I didn't want to come indoors..and I will be checking out that cake site, does it have anything to do with Peeps?

Amy and Noble Pig, thank-you!

Southern Comfort,any time you're in the Pacific Northwest you're welcome to come on over for a visit! Really!

Miss Sandy,it is fun. And I will have a blessed easter reflecting on the death and resurrection of Jesus, my Savior!

Mary, the nice thing about bad weather is that it is O.K. to get indoor projects done without feeling guilty about all the outdoor projects screaming for attention...but I do love the spring weather we are having now. Won't last too long this time of the year though....so I am getting some much needed weeding done.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Your shoes are prettier than mine but I still like my Muck Shoes -smile-.

Connie said...

What a lovely day! I think your shoes sound perfect and practical. Love the smiles on the faces of your granddaughters. :D