"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Monday, November 17, 2008

An Award, and Gifts !

~~~Marie Antoinette ! A REAL PERSON ! I have been given this award from Daisy! I am a real person and I have been given an award .....I will get to the details after this small aside about Marie Antoinette. Shown below is a portrait of her and her children I obtained from taking a picture of Wikepedia's bio on her. Yes, I said I took a picture of a picture because I could not cut, copy and paste the picture on Daisy's blog to mine. Sorry, However, thank-you Daisy for explaining HOW to hyper link ! You're right, it is much easier to do than explain. And thanks also for teaching me a new and useful skill !~The painting above is of Marie Antoinette and her three children. I had to look her up to discover more than the few shallow words attributed to her, which she did NOT say. here are some things she DID say, "I was a queen, and you took away my crown, a wife and you killed my husband, a mother and you deprived me of my children. My blood alone remains; take it, but do not make me suffer long."said just before her execution. Another quote from her "I put on my rouge and wash my hands in front of the whole world!" Expressing her irritation at her very public life as royalty. She gave birth to her 1st child in her bed chamber before an audience of hundreds of courtiers. And " Monsieur, je vous demande pardon. Je ne l'ai pas fait expres", her last words, said to the executioner after accidentally stepping on his foot on her way to the guillotine. (all info and picture from Wikepedia) ~I discovered I felt very sorry for Marie Antoinette. She was a real, and tragic person !
~Thank-you Daisy , an award for me from a real person, a fun person !Really for fun and laughs, you have got to check out Daisy's blogs !
~~~Marie Antoinette, a real person and so are you Awards go to~~~ 1: A.Joy At Home ~This blog is written by my daughter who occasionally has her husband as a guest writer. Her posts vary, but family, food, gardening and hunting are her usual topics, because they are part of her life. 2.Kiss Of Pikake ~This blog is written by my daughter's sister-in-law and is an especially joyous blog because Antoinette and her husband Alex are rejoicing in their first born child, a precious baby boy.....and their whole story is such a miracle, a miracle many prayed for ! Plus, she also values family, friends, and good Guamanian and Korean food ! 3.Gooseshooter ~This is a new blog written by our friend David who lives in a beautiful place in Washington. His photographs of the water front, light houses and wildlife are spectacular. They are great friends who almost always have my hubby laughing, and have upheld us in prayer and fellowship through many, many years ! 4. Mr.Wooleys' Diary ~This blog is written by Mr. Wooley, a cat. He has a very particular view of the world, a view that his world exists for him...he is a cat after all ! 5.Nalley Valley ~This blog is written by Mildred who has a wonderful story and life , she and her husband Nalley live in the "Circle Of Love'. Her writing is truly inspirational! 6.Life On the Road. ~Wingmaster rides with the Patriot Guard here in Washington. They mount their motorcycles and attend the funerals of fallen warriors, to show respect and support. He has many a true story that makes you proud of and sad for our young Marines and soldiers.
~Here are the rules:should you choose to accept this award:
1.Put Marie Antoinette on your blog. 2.Name 7 0r more to receive this award. 3.Link them 4.Leave them a message letting them know you've given them an award.
~~~My hope in awarding them this award is to encourage them all to continue writing because very selfishly, I love what they write. I want more pictures of our waterfront and stories about my family and extended family. I want to see what Mr.Wooley has been up to and what encouraging stories Wingmaster has to share and more about Mildred and her life in the 'Circle of Love'. So, to all of you REAL PEOPLE, this award is for you !
~~~I received a gift in the mail from, isn't this lovely ? Sandy Babb of Quill Cottage Look at the packaging. Look at the package it came in. She even adorned the address label so very beautifully. Look at her card and the lace doily wrapping paper. "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery, and today ? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present." Babatonde Olatunji ~When I opened the package there was this precious little notebook she has turned into a treasure....."It isn't the size of a gift that matters, but the size of the heart that gives it." Eileen Francis Thank-you Sandy, very much! This is indeed a treasure. ~And this gift was left on my front porch a few weeks ago. It had no card identifying who left it but I thought I knew. The book HAVING A MARY HEART IN A MARTHA WORLD by Joanna Weaver could only have been left by two ladies I know, and I was right ! The lady who did leave this, and a journal to do a study on it, is someone who has struggled for years with her Mary/Martha dilemma. She is always, and I mean ALWAYS busy helping so very many people . She is there for you or others in need even when she should be in bed tending to herself.This is my sister-in-law, Jean!One of Hubby's younger sisters. He has 4 sisters and she is the older sister of the 4. Thank-you Jean !
~"You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving." Author Unknown
~"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame." Elizabeth Barrett Browning

2 comments:

WingMaster said...

Congratulations on your award. You definitely deserve it. They have "Emmys" and "Grammy's"; what should this one be called? "Bloggy?" "Webby"? I'm afraid I must graciously decline accepting this award; there are so many more worthy bloggers out there and I am so inconsistant. Maybe someday I will aspire to reaching "award-winning" status.

Connie said...

Kathy, thank you for your kind words. :-) I'm so glad that making the links worked for you.

What beautiful and special gifts you received. Very lovely and thoughtful. Hope you have a great week. :D