"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Monday, November 3, 2008

A Most Beautiful Place, Oregon Coast

~Sunset on the Oregon Coast, Depoe Bay !~
~We had the privilege of spending 2 nights and 3 days with friends in their condominium at Depoe Bay, in Oregon. This is one of the most beautiful coasts on earth, in my humble opinion. Of course, my experience with coast lines is limited to the East Coast and West Coast of the U.S., and Hawaii. Coastlines are usually beautiful, but the Oregon Coast, from Lincoln City, Cannon Beach, and Newport is indescribably beautiful.Above is the view out of the patio, to the left. ~Here is the view to the right.The ocean is directly in front of the condo....we had 3 days of view, with fireplace, good food, and good company INSIDE ! How can anyone beat a 3 day weekend like this ? ~There is always the invigorating walk along the beach, or coast line. The weather was perfect. Enough wind to make the view and walk interesting, enough sun to make it even better. "Praise the seas; on shore remain." John Floria ~One of the arches the waves flow through. There were seals swimming in the waters nearby. "The cure for anything is salt water-sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesan ~Me, on the brick wall in front of the ocean and crashing waves in Depoe Bay.You can see to the left a parking lot. We have watched the waves crash onto the rocks and spill OVER the highway and reach the store front windows on the opposite side of the highway. I DID get wet ! "The sea heaves up, hangs loaded o'er the land, breaks there , and buries it's tumultuous strength." Robert Browning ~One of the many, many spectacular views from the sidewalk through town on our way to and from the condominium. I cannot say enough how beautiful the Oregon Coast is. This is where I would spend any and ALL vacations. This is where my heart wants to be when I need a time of reflection or rest. We have been to this area many times and never, ever tire of it. The sand on this little inlet is black.
~Here there is a wave just breaking over the rocks next to the highway.~
~"The sea hath no king but God alone." Dante Gabriel Rossetti
~Thank-you David and Kathleen for sharing your special time on the Oregon Coast with us .We had a real time of rest and renewal !~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, These pictures are so amazing. The wonderful blessing about meeting new blogging friends is being able to see different areas of the country. I'm so happy that you, your husband, and friends had a time of renewal in such a lovely setting. Have a great day! Blessings, Mildred

Wilson Clan said...

I love Depot Bay! That's where we honeymooned...and promise that we will go back! It looks like it was a beautiful fall weekend in Oregon! :)

Anonymous said...

(sigh) I still would not trade the prairie river valley I call my home, but once again your lovely pictures make me miss surroundings like those!

I know, I know...come for a visit! ;-)

Connie said...

Spectacular photos, Kathy! I've never been to Oregon or the West Coast so I really enjoyed seeing these. I'm glad you had such a lovely place of retreat.

Anonymous said...

Your voices coming through the phone while you were there sounded like they were filled with happiness and enjoyment. You both needed a nice trip away for a few days, even if it is hard to leave the work at home behind ... it will still be there when you get back!
Great pictures.
~ Autumn

Pamela said...

Oh wow! I never knew the NW was so gorgeous! Your pictures had me drooling.

Paula said...

What a beautiful place, Kathy!! I'm so glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Yes it is beautiful. I will be closest to Lincoln City and we just love it there.