"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oh Joy ....Thanksgiving and Fun!

O~The guest room is ready ! Most precious and special company for Thanksgiving !~~Our oldest son and his 4 daughters will be staying with us. ~
~Our youngest son, his wife, and dogs will be staying with our daughter and her family. We are having a big Thanksgiving meal together, along with special friends ! A feast of food and friendship, love and fellowship ! Games, fun ! Food....lots of food. We have things to do to get ready....
~The kids beds are ready in the guest room. There are bins of toys, a toy barn....... ~Lots of empty drawers for all the things 4 little girls need to put away for a weekend. Books to read, bottles of water and snacks on the dresser. The guest bathroom is clean and there are nice , fluffy towels and children's bubble bath.( little girls, and big ones too..like bubble baths) ~I hear a commotion downstairs, Hubby and I are preparing the dressing to go with daughter's turkey, I am bringing deviled eggs and dessert.I left the cats and dogs alone in the kitchen. I better check and see what's going on. We are trying to get the decorating done before our family comes and we are so excited ! But what's that noise , I really need to get downstairs and check ! Have a blessed Thanksgiving......!""Enter into His gates with Thanksgiving, And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him;bless His name." Psalm. 100:4

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, Happy Thanksgiving!

Candy Duell said...

Happy Thanksgiving, and yes it sounds like you are going to have a Holiday to remember! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving! You have four beautiful grand daughters - God's greatest blessing! Enjoy your holiday!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the pictures of your sons, your daughter-in-law, and your four granddaughters. Oh, I know this will be a holiday to remember with everyone together making new memories. Blessing to each of you and I am so thankful to count you and Joy as new friends.

LindaSue said...

Don't you just know it! The cat gets blamed for everything (in the video). Your home and hearts are so ready for Thanksgiving - although from your blog we know you give thanks all the time! Please give those beautiful grandkids a hug from your blog buddies!

Connie said...

Aw...you're going to have such a wonderful time! Wishing you many blessings, Kathy. :D

Darn that cat! HA! :)

Jo said...

Oh, Kathy, you have a wonderful house. I love your taste!

I hope you have a fabulous, fabulous Thanksgiving with your family!

Cheers!
Josie

Sandy said...

What a cute turkey tale! I hope you all had a wonderful day!

A little something soft and sweet arrived on my door step! They are amazing!!!!! Thank you so much. I put yours in the mail this morning and forgot to tell you they would be delayed as I was unable to get to town earlier in the week. When I got back home from the post office I realized that I forgot to tuck in the thank you card. Don't think I am rude, just absent minded. I'll pop it in the mail on Monday. I'll be blogging about your little handmade darling soon and linking to your blog as well as the site where you sell them. I feel so blessed!

Have a great day!

A. Joy said...

That little video is so cute! I love it, especially the headless turkey falling off the table!

KathyB. said...

Noble Pig, Candy Duell and Toni, thank-you ! And yes, we had a wonderful thankful time !

Mildred, Thank-you too...

Linda Sue, that is the joke around here. With so many house dogs and cats, why , if anything goes wrong it has to be the dog or cat's fault !

Daisy, you have oft inspired me to be uplifting , and the little turkey short is just that, short, funny and I think a little bit uplifting ( in the humor dept. )

Thank-you Jo ! See, that is the guest room you could stay in should you come south sometime !

Miss Sandy, thank-you ! Boy, the little package got there quickly !