"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Puppies, Playdough and Cupcakes !

~When Sienna was not in the kiddie pool in the kitchen with her puppies, #5 Granddaughter was. #5 Granddaughter's favorite television show is Jon and Kate Plus 8, and we decided that since Sienna had 6 puppies, 3 girls and 3 boys, we would name them after the Gosselin sextuplets. #5 Granddaughter had fun turning the pups over and after figuring out if they were boys or girls, gave them a name of one of the sextuplets.I think if we want the names to stick I will need to put collars with name tags on the puppies.
~A yawning puppy being cuddled by a very happy granddaughter.~
~Another of #5 Granddaughter's favorite activities here at Grandma and Grandpa's is playing with playdough. When she comes over I leave the playdough stuff out on the table for the duration of her visit. Here she plays with it just before bedtime, ~And here she is the next morning, playing with playdough. She likes to make playdough cakes and pies, and all kinds of food. ~Granddaughter also very much likes to make real food. Her choice for us to bake together is chocolate cupcakes.Can you tell she likes to make and bake cupcakes?
~Can you tell I love to make and bake and frost cupcakes with her ? ~
~The cupcakes were delicious!~

12 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh! I want some chocolate cupcakes, too! What a fun afternoon the two of you had.

Anonymous said...

Your granddaughter looks like she has a lot of fun with you at your house. The puppies are so adorable and cuddly - I love the one yawning! What special memories for both of you baking cupcakes together. Have a wonderful day - are you still making sheep for the upcoming craft bazaar?

Wilson Clan said...

Kathy, this post was so much fun to read! I love the pics of granddaughter #5 and the puppies! I don't know which are cuter! ;) Play-doh was (and still is) one of my favorite things to do. I used to make play food with my mom. I'm envisioning a similar scenario for Baby Wilson. ;)

Maris said...

Your puppies are SO cute! I want one! :)

Jo said...

What a couple of beauties you girls are!!! Did you say that is your granddaughter???? Are you sure you didn't mean daughter???? You do NOT look old enough to be her grandmother. She is going to remember those special memories all her life.

Cute puppies too!

Have I mentioned before what a beautiful life you have?

Lanny said...

Ahh the senses are a tingling. Puppy breath, the fragrance of playdough, and the purfume of chocolate. I can smell them from here!

Your RE Broker said...

I love these pics of #5! And you look stunning in the pic w/the both of you in it. :) She truly lives up to her nickname...Smiley.

KathyB. said...

Pamela, come on over ! Cupcakes and peppermint tea for you!

Mildred,Yes the puppies are so adorable and cuddly, I was just cuddling them. Yes, I am making lots of little sheep for a bazaar in December.

Wilson clan, puppies are cute, but grandchildren are cuter, and more fun !Just ask your Moms !

Maris, the pups will be ready for homes in 2 1/2 weeks !(by the way, do you have a blog ? )

Jo, thank-you, you do flatter me, and I love it !As always, the invitation stands, come on down south for a visit !Otherwise, you just have to keep visiting me via my blog...and I will content myself for now visiting yours !

Lanny, if memory serves, puppy breath is not too rare a commodity at your place. Not to mention the constant supply of freshly made and baked chocolate desserts your daughters whip up almost every day. Now Playdough.....

AMC, thank-you ! Yes, Smiley is a perfect name for her. 'Imp' is another good one !

Connie said...

Aw...aw..and double aw!!! Such a cuteness overload! Love the puppy photos, love the smiling granddaughter. And then add playdough and chocolate cupcakes too!! So much joy in your day, Kathy. Thank you for sharing it. It made me smile BIG! :D

Anonymous said...

That is too funny about the puppies' names! :-) Jon and Kate is one of Whitney's favorites to watch too. She used to call it Don and Cake. :-D She would also, by the way, like you to know that she would gladly provide a home for all six of those pups in a couple weeks...though Mommy has currently limited her dreams to the idea of TWO dogs at once, and not for a couple years (not sure we're quite over the last one yet...) She wants to name them Big Momma and Petie, which are the names of her grandma and one of grandma's dogs. :-)

KathyB. said...

Megan, are you sure you wouldn't like a puppy ? I have one for you if you do ? But then, a new baby brother might be enough to get used to first, then the puppy !

I can picture Whitney saying Don and Cake....ha ha !

Anonymous said...

I WOULD like a puppy! We've decided that's the way for us to go, rather than adopting another young adult dog. And we think we'd like to have two, so they'll have each other for playmates and company.

But yes, it will be a bit before we do that again...mostly because I have my own little "puppies" taking up so much of my time right now. :-) But I have often thought how much I'd love to come to you for our next canine companion(s). They let dogs travel on planes, right??? ;-)