"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Friday, November 21, 2008

Murder Most Fowl...A Spotted Duck Mystery

~Have you seen my ducks ? I am missing two ducks.~~Misty, the old white Lab says, " I am blind. I did not see any ducks."
~Beatrix says " I was napping, I'll help you look for them."
~Hawk, the Vizsla says, " Ducks ? I LOVE ducks, yum !"
~Willow says" BURP ! .....What feather on my face ? "
~Rest in peace my pretty spotted ducks.~
~This is a repeat of a post I did in July of this past summer, but through some mistake I must have made with blogger, most of the pictures just disappeared. So I have re-posted this story. I hope you find it entertaining. It is a true and tragic story of fowl mis-doings by my beloved dogs.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these "who me" looks on the dogs' faces! Hope you have a nice weekend.

Flower said...

Well, there are days when it's just too much for a dog..and they act on instinct. We are working with Blue to leave the chickens alone...he thinks they are so fasinating!!
There is a picture of Barb and me waiting to be seen! :) Our week has been full and busy!!

KathyB. said...

Mildred, I think dogs are the very best with the "who, me ? " look ! And thank-you, I shall have a nice weekend !

Flower, my dogs agree. The ducks that were eaten actually found their way into the yard the dogs are confined to until we let them out , with supervision. So the little quackers were in a big way responsible for their demise !

A. Joy said...

Oh, good! I'm glad this is a repeat post - I was about to say Not AGAIN!!! More ducks killed? Hopefully all of your present ducks are still doing well.

Connie said...

Oh dear! Well, with such sweet doggy faces, it is hard to be upset with them isn't it. Just being dogs as they were created, I guess. Sorry about the ducks though.

Anonymous said...

Our lab is 13 years old now, but I have always been concerned about him eating a duck or chicken. Silly little ducks - didn't they know there was a fence there for a reason!

KathyB. said...

Daisy, yes, it hard to be too upset since the dogs we own were bred to be "birdy",that is, very interested in all fowl, but especially ducks.

Kenleigh Acres, we spend more time around here protecting the animals from their own self-destructive behaviors. Kind of like the U.S. Government. Sometimes I think the Darwin awards make sense and the ducks definitely qualify for one.

Anonymous said...

And they all look so innocent. LOL! Especially Willow!