"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Monday, March 30, 2009

From Her Heart.......SISTERS , by Audrey

~This is an old photograph of the author of the poem, with her step- mother Ida, and her sister Elaine. The poem is written by Audrey Yeager, a dear friend, to her sister.~ ~SISTERS~
If hearts had the power to grab, and tell,
And convince,
Oh,how you would believe!
If love, so deep and steadfast,
and real,
could force truth upon you,
Oh! Yes! I would force it!
Because---
You must be with me in this,
With me in life, real life,
endless, glorious real life,
Not through limited family relationships,
Not only till the aches and wrinkles
ruin us,
Not only 'Till our bloom fades, and wilts, and falls;
No! No! More! So much more!
I just want to hold you tightly
Against my dearest dream,
Pressing you into it until it becomes
Your dream too.
Oh , Jesus tell her
Help her to know
That your good news is good indeed;
That she can live an amazingly glorious eternity
Yes, certainly! Without a doubt!
I would make you believe if I could; for at some point in the
Future, when Heaven is my home,
I want to turn around and see you walking toward me, so I
Can run to greet you,
Crying out , " Dear Sister!
I knew I would meet you here!"
~"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son the whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16~

12 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Thank you, Kathy, for posting this beautiful poem; my heart caught in my throat!

Stella Jones said...

It must be lovely to have a sister. If I had one, I'd write a poem too. Of course, it wouldn't be as good as this one.
Blessings, Star

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kathy for such a beautiful poem. Hope you have a lovely week.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Just lovely! Thanks for sharing! blessings,Kathleen

Lanny said...

That is a heartfelt desire for sure.

Debbie said...

Thanks for your comments on my post; I'm glad this is amusing to someone besides me. When I told my husband (who works nights) about the underlayment, he jumped out of bed and ran to the builders supply and bought it within an hour! Now what could induce him to do that?
Perhaps, the fact that every appliance we own is sitting disabled on the back porch. No oven, no washer! Bullseye! I'll bet we have that done very quickly!
More to follow.

Debbie said...

And by the way; that is a very unique poem and I've never ran across it. Beautiful..........
Deb

Karen said...

Beautiful words. Precious photo. Thank you.

LindaSue said...

I've always thought I would have been a better person if I'd had a sister. Heartfelt emotion in the poem - we all have someone we LONG to see in heaven.

KathyB. said...

I want to thank my dear friend Audrey for allowing me to publish her poem. Audrey is a gifted writer and had written and published 2 books, and I know she has had at least 1 poem published in a magazine. She also has some of her writing published on a web site called 'The Columnists', and until recently, Audrey wrote a column for the "Nisqually News' in Yelm, WA.

Audrey wrote this poem for her sister Elaine....

Paula said...

That was so beautiful!

Connie said...

Very nice poem that your friend wrote, Kathy. Sisterhood is indeed a treasure.