"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Miss Frizzle Reacts

~This is the time of year I evaluate our poultry, place orders for new poultry, and read my poultry literature to keep up on what's going on in the poultry world. I had Miss Frizzle out to photograph her and I also had a stack of poultry literature out to read. I decided to get Miss Frizzles' opinion on my reading choices. Regarding the story book above she said "hmmmm, I could go for a vacation like this little chick, I think I will read more about this Cheepy Chick..." ~"Oh, this looks interesting, Kathy might be reading the article about Fowl Language and how to understand ME! This could be a good thing..."
~" EGGS? Cooking eggs ? Cooking ...EGGS!!!!!!! My babies?.........................................."
~" Oh no, this is very distressing...."~
~"I think I will just hide myself right here. Maybe Kathy will not notice me...."
~Maybe it was not such a good idea to let Miss Frizzle peruse my poultry reading resources.~

13 comments:

Lanny said...

I don't think that was a good idea at all. She will most likely be very confused and upset for days! If she lays eggs you'll cook 'em if she doesn't lay egg you may cook her! What's a girl to do?

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures but she may have to see a shrink after seeing some of those books!

Debbie said...

This is one of the cutest most unusual chickens I have ever seen. My daughter had a large number of chickens in NC and she enjoyed them so much. She had some favorites including one little rooster who loved to sit on her shoulder named "Opie". She misses them very much.

LindaSue said...

Kathy - I am sorry I said what I did about frying chickens - please don't let Miss Frizzle read the comments section of your blog anymore. Had no idea your chickens were readers - I think Lanny expressed it best - What's a girl to do? I'm chuckling - not clucking - NO - not clucking.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

chuckle, chuckle...that vacation is looking better and better, isn't it, Miss Frizzle?

Wilson Clan said...

LOL!!! This is such a great post, Kathy!! Thanks for the morning laugh! :)

Shelley said...

Very funny! Is Miss Frizzle now FRAZZLED?

Anonymous said...

Oh this was just too funny!!! I loved the posts and some of the comments--especially Lanny's. Poor Miss Frizzle. Like Lanny said--what's a girl to do??

Anonymous said...

LOL, goodness gracious, too cute!

WingMaster said...

I'll bet Miss Frizzle would be dismayed to learn that some of your best friends are "Fryers" (He, He, he)

KathyB. said...

Lanny, so funny and so true!

Mildred, poor chickens...they don't have health insurance though so I guess the shrink is out of the question.

Mrs. D, I think you could use a little chicken or two as pets for diversion during your remodeling projects. Really, though, chickens are pretty nice to have around and I sympathize with your daughter.

LindaSue, I don't let Miss Frizzle indoors, what horror that would be, as I pulled baked chicken out of the oven last night....shudder....

Thistle Cove Farm, I think Miss Frizzle would love it best if I left her alone to hatch and brood a batch of chicks...come to think of it, that is kind of a vacation for chickens isn't it? Sit around for 21 days..doing nothing but turning eggs.

Wilson Clan and Shellmo, thank-you. I don't think Miss Frizzle appreciates the entertainment at her expense though, but I'll give her some extra greens. That cheers her up.

Miss Linda, Lanny is pretty funny, and fun too. So is Miss Frizzle when she isn't reading cookbooks of the poultry kind.

Amy, thank-you!

Wingmaster, our "Fryer" friends enjoy a good chicken meal and are pretty good at cooking them too, but I won't tell Miss Frizzle.

Jennifer said...

Cute post. I got to start my day out with a laugh from it. :)

Connie said...

Kathy, this was a wonderful post! I loved it. You should have signed it up for Wordless Chicken Tuesday. I love Miss Frizzle's frilly feathers, and, of course, I am always a supporter of reading a good book. :D