"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Spot on the 5th Thing You might Not Know....

~~~I was tagged by Shannon of Kenleigh Acres to state 5 things you might not know about me. I do realize as bloggers we really don't and cannot know each other, and many of us have close friends and relatives who sometimes scratch their heads and wonder if they ever did really know us...or maybe wish that after they know us, they could forget us ( me). Thank-you to all you precious people who put up with me kindly. Really, THANK-YOU!~~~
~~~#2 Grandson, 8th grandchild , grasping his father's hand for the first time.~~~
~~~The 5th thing you might not know about me is : when I was about 30 years old I discovered the father who raised me and loved me was not my biological father. I was conceived while Dad was away in Korea, courtesy of the U.S. Army, and Mom was involved with someone else. Now I know this is a common story, but I did not find out until I was approaching middle age. I was also told by my Grandma and father that my mom sought funds for an abortion..but because abortion was not legal, easily available, or free, mom was unable to get the abortion that would have made her life a bit easier, and ended my life. My 3 children and 8 grandchildren, and my husband are very pleased I was not killed before I was born ! I am too. ~~~I bring this up not really because I was tagged, there are a lot of light hearted silly things I could have posted, but lately there has been a lot in the news regarding political opinions about abortion and things in my life that just really cry for some sense. For example, that constantly trotted out and inanely repeated phrase " oh , good, she had an abortion ( to whomever is being referred to) one less unwanted child in the world ." This is said as casually as someone would swat a fly , or brush a crumb off the table. ~~~Unwanted by whom ? Gosh darn it, there are a lot of people who desperately desire a child. Let's not forget , we are talking about a baby, a child ! Just try to talk about disposing of unwanted puppies or kittens ! People in the grand state of Washington make the headline news, and go to jail for disposing of animals the way millions of babies are disposed of! ~~~I am not going to make this a political blog, ...politically I am a conservative libertarian. But just think about it...we have a major political party that has made one of the foundations of their platform the right to kill babies, Not fetuses , or lumps of flesh..babies ! What is wrong with this picture ? One presidential candidate has sought legislation to deny person hood to survivors of abortion..hint, it is not the Republican candidate. I mean really, deny the survivor of abortion, fully functioning and living..the right to be a person !If you want references click on WINDOWS TO MY SOUL in the sidebar and check out her August 18, 2008 post. From there you can check out references, one to a young woman who survived a 3rd term saline abortion. Her actual medical records state "born during saline abortion". Hmmmm, a lump of flesh, not a person, was born and is now a grown-up. A beautiful, talented grown-up that one presidential candidate would deny person hood. { Gianna Jessen http://www.giannajessen.com/ } How did killing babies become a divisive political ideal ? ~~~I believe my Mom was glad she did not abort me. I do not believe I was ever unwanted after I was born. I don't think I am a drag and drain on society, and my 3 children are productive, law abiding, and loving adults with families of their own. And you know what, even if they were sickly, poor, ugly and not so nice...would you, should you, have the right to deprive them of life ?
~~~ #6 granddaughter ( below) ~~~
~~~" If the nearly 1 and 1/2 million babies aborted in America each year could, somehow, vote, chameleon candidates would find fresh reason to be concerned about abortion- whereas now they are unconcerned. " Noel Maxwell ~~~"The great physician , Dr. Henry G. Armitage, Jr., states "Not without comment shall it pass that a state ( so fretful for the preservation of the praying mantis but holding an unborn baby to be of no account)can send a spark of immortality swinging out into limbo and conspire with citizen and physician to turn a fragile , living object of simple innocence and complex wonder into a pathetic pulp and consign it by rude and peremptory passage to the furnace or sewer- unknown, unwanted, and undefended. " He further questions how a woman as " the fertile adornment of our race can be deluded into the notion that she is the mere poetress of unwanted luggage or by blandishment seduced into believing that she has dominion over life not her own." And..."an abortion is never commonplace, for the world holds no heartbreak like to death of innocence. " Noel Maxwell
~~~I have a quiet conversation with our 8th grandchild as we sit by the camp fire.~~~
~~~Here you have 5 things you might not have known about me, and maybe wish you still did not know ...but it is MY blog ! Now I am tagging Lanny from Its the Dirt, Mr. Wooley, Wingmaster Steve, Breezy from 'Shootin' the Breeze, and Daisy, from Smiling With Daisy. ~~~
" For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to Thee for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. " Psalms 139:13, 14

8 comments:

Lanny said...

First let me say thanks Kathy for the tag.

I appreciate your intensity in this issue. Many people have no idea the pain that stays with those invloved in abortion for ever.

Some take a political route but others, when faced with no clear political avenue, have choosen to battle the enemy in other ways.

And it may be worthy to note that unlike the current presidential candidate for the party there are some outspoken pro-life Democrats. Unfortunately they are not the ones that get a lot of press time, by anyone.

Anonymous said...

Happy 35th Birthday mom. I thank God you were not murdered before you were born. Does society relize the efect all the abortions these last 20 years will have on our economy? As all you baby boomers go on social security millions that should be putting into it right now have been murdered before they were already born, I don't know if millions have been aborted but the social security and abortion thing is a fact. So not only is it murder and we all know what God has to say about murder but it will also effect our economy. God will punish this country for our imoral laws and ways. Believe it or not people it is true. I could go on for hours about abortion and the imorality in this country I am sure we all see it, and if you don't then hang out in California for one week or just turn the T.V. I thank God every day that He let me have such awesome Godly parents and that I was raised in a christian home. Love you Mom and Dad. your son David, I am blessed Thank you Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the spelling Mom, I even have the dictionary you gave me sitting right next to me.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your thoughts as well! I am married to a man whose mother was counseled--by her doctors AND her parents--to abort him, because she was only 16. And we are, as a family, currently praying for the woman carrying our unborn child, who will face the same decision. Your perspective is wonderfully sobering.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you live too!

I know it is an intensely debated subject and is a hard topic to discuss.
You did a good job here stating the issues.

Jo said...

Kathy, that sound you hear is me applauding. ::::::::

I am a conservative libertarian too. And I am sooooo anti-abortion!

When McCain was asked by Jeff Warren, during the recent interview, when he (McCain) thought life began, McCain looked him straight in the eye and said "At the moment of conception." Obama stammered and stuttered and looked away when he was asked the same question.

Everything a human being is or is ever going to be is right there - at the moment of conception. One second later, and they are killing a human being when they perform an abortion.

And Kathy, I for one am glad that your mom kept you!!

Connie said...

I'm very glad you're here, Kathy. You make the world a brighter place! I love the photos of your grandchildren in your post too. They help to make clear your points. Your post was well written and obviously on a topic that is very personal and meaningful to you.

Thanks for the tag, too! I'll have to see what I can come up with. :D

KathyB. said...

Thank-you all for your comments. Thank-you son, no higher praise can I ever ask than that my own children love and respect me and their father ! We love you.

Megan, isn't God wonderful ? Your husband seems to have come to you and your family much the way I came to your Uncle's and Moms' family ! Just goes to show, we do NOT have to repeat our parents' mistakes, we can learn from them, and to treat them with love and sensitivity regarding the tragedies of life that might have brought them (parents)to make the choices and mistakes they did.

Noble Pig, Jo, Daisy...thank-you very much. And Lanny, you too. I just wish this were not an issue in politics..seems like there is so much more to expect from our leaders that really matters, and killing babies just does not fit into the realm of protecting the innocent, and downtrodden..and by that I especially mean the young women in such distress that this seems like the best choice ! Enough said..sorry, i did not mean to preach ! KathyB.