"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." A.Holmes

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Spot on Birthday !

~~~It's my birthday, I was tagged by Shannon of Kenleigh Acres to share 5 things you might not know about me. I am flattered anyone would be interested , so I will list 5 things you might not know, but first I am showing a picture of one of my favorite things in my life! A lamb, a spotted cute little lamb born here this past spring. The picture of this little guy (who is not little anymore) just makes me smile !~~~~~~FIVE THINGS~~~ I. I hate to eat mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, any food that has potatoes as it's main ingredient. The only exception to my extreme dislike of cooked potatoes is very, very crispy french fries and potato chips. There, I said it....don't hate me for my hatred of potatoes, be happy if you're sitting with me at a restaurant or eatery that serves potatoes with everything , which my life experience shows is the usual case, I will give you my hash browns, baked potato, mashed potato, thickly sliced french fries...and you will not have to give me any of your food in return. I am so very happy to have the dang potatoes off my plate threatening to mix with the food I DO want ! I spent many, many dinner times as a child sitting at the table until bed time because of my refusal to eat something that turned my stomach. All the MORE reason to detest potatoes... 2. I do not like the movie The Wizard of Oz. 3. I do not like the movie Gone With the Wind 4. My left foot is a full 1 1/2 sizes bigger than my right foot. 5. I will post number 5 tonight. O.K. Now that I have probably offended so many people who cannot conceive of a person who dislikes the national staple, and dislikes 2 movies everyone else raves about and watches over and over ....have a wonderful day today ! It's my birthday and I am off to do some things that make me happy. ( perfectly normal and family oriented type things )
~~~Spinning my wool just might be one of those happy things I do!~~~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG you hate potatoes? Holy cow Batman!

And a very Happy Birthday to you!

Lanny said...

You don't eat potato lefse? I thought you did.


Happy Birthday Kathy.

Pamela said...

You are only the second person I have ever heard of that doesn't like potatoes! (And he was a very nice person, too.)

That little lamb is just too cute. I love those little spots over his eyes.

And..........

Happy Birthday! I hope it's a grand day for you, filled with everything nice.

KathyB. said...

Lanny,I forgot, lefse season doesn't come around here til October..yes, I make and eat potato lefse. But the lefse has to be cooked through and NOT taste like potatoes. I will never sample lefse dough like I do bread dough, pancake batter, etc.

Noble Pig and Pamela, my family's sentiments exactly ! My poor Hubby, he LOVES potatoes and I somehow seem to forget to add them to the meal, can you imagine meat loaf and roast always being served with RICE ? You can sympathize with Hubby's frequent lament at meal time ....KathyB.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kathy!

Lefse has potatoes . . . ummmmm


Love,

Joni

Connie said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday to you, Kathy!

I'll take your mashed potatoes. I love them! (I'd probably be better off if I didn't though!) :D

I love the Wizard of Oz but can take or leave Gone with the Wind. It doesn't bother me in the least that they are not your favorites. That is one of the wonderful things about us, that we are all unique. It make life more interesting that way. This was fun to read and get to know you better.

Anonymous said...

I don't really like Wizard of Oz either. But what I do like is when Whitney watches it and I start singing along, and she looks at me like it's magic or something...Mommy knows the words that are on the television!!! :-)